• Thread starter temporarysecretary
  • Start date
temporarysecretary

temporarysecretary

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all,

I'm meeting someone in/around Leeds at the weekend and looking for a nice spot where I can park on grass and wind out the awning, have a picnic and let's the kids play.

Anyone know of a good place?

I live in Leeds so interested to see what the responses are. These don’t strictly meet your criteria but all recommended:
- Harewood House - there’s a grass overflow car park that you could park on. Nice estate and loads of space. You’d have to pay for entry to the grounds but would then also get access to a big playground, lakeside walk, etc.
- Ilkey Moor - park around the cow and calf, set up in the van and also explore the moor.
- Almsciffe Crag - you’d need to park on the road but one of my favourite places to take the kids for picnic, short walk up to the crag and lots of climbing and exploring to do.

Also just to flag it is a Rob Burrow marathon on Sunday, so roads from Headingley to Otley will be closed for most of the day.

I live in Leeds so interested to see what the responses are. These don’t strictly meet your criteria but all recommended:
- Harewood House - there’s a grass overflow car park that you could park on. Nice estate and loads of space. You’d have to pay for entry to the grounds but would then also get access to a big playground, lakeside walk, etc.
- Ilkey Moor - park around the cow and calf, set up in the van and also explore the moor.
- Almsciffe Crag - you’d need to park on the road but one of my favourite places to take the kids for picnic, short walk up to the crag and lots of climbing and exploring to do.

Also just to flag it is a Rob Burrow marathon on Sunday, so roads from Headingley to Otley will be closed for most of the day.
Very valuable tips. Especially the marathon as who we are meeting doesn't drive and won't think to tell us that.

Ill look at them and see. We are from Nottingham and there are various places that sound like harewood house where you can park on the overflow and set the van up without fuss and have some things to walk to. It sounds like exactly what we are after.

We usually meet at Roundhay but obviously there is no prospect to use the van there. He has suggested temple newsham but the car parks on Google maps satellite view look a bit tight.