Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dashcam Keeps Failing and Switching Off Driving Me Crazy

Bumble The Van

Bumble The Van

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Please can anyone help with my problem thats driving me bonkers , i have a Kenwood 601W Dashcam that i had fitted by a vw dealer ( its wired internally to the battery via the centre mirror console in sheffield and it worked fine for a few weeks then started to randomly turn itself off with just showing blue charge light. the problem seemed to get worse where now it simply wont work. I sent off to kenwood my unit which came back 3 weeks later with having worked without fault all that time. i can only assume its the wiring to the battery but would anyone know of any common problems , im not technical but totally stuck now what to do , many many thanks for any ideas ???

Having just wired a BlackVue I 'd be 80% sure the issue is either:

1 - Not fitted to a permanent live. Many "live" points on modern cars go dead after 30 minutes
2 - The fuse has gone between the cam and the live - either perm or switched. There are usually 2 fuses
or 3 - The cam is connected to the battery and is draining it. If the cam has a battery monitor it will switch off when the starter battery is a set voltage. I have mine set to 12V.

Either way it's under dealer warranty - go get them to fix it.

Remove the live feed wire and replace with a usb cable. See if this cures the issue. If yes then is likely to be issues 1 and/or 2 identified by dspuk above.

Last edited: