Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Countdown 5 Begins

Something with miles and kilometers? :)
Possibly, but doesn't happen elsewhere in Europe, just the countries north of Denmark.

Another day and I’m now in Norway . I intended staying at a campsite in Sweden , go to the Arctic Circle Centre tomorrow and then to a site in Mo I Rana. Unfortunately the campsite was flooded with snowmelt from a stream that had overflowed. Could have rented a cabin, but I like my bed on wheels, so drove the 90 miles to the campsite at Mo I Rana. I’ll stay here 2 nights and visit the Centre tomorrow . It’s only 49 miles away.
On my last trip I passed the Arctic Centre but didn’t stop as it was -10c, a blizzard and I was concentrating on following the snow plough.
This is the campsite.

image.jpg
IMG_2324.png

Stay safe and have a wonderful time. :thumb
Love the pictures & the Nordics.
Great thread. Thank you.

Now in Copenhagen. The Oresund Bridge tomorrow. Purchased a 30 day Return Pass last night, so no stopping tomorrow just use the Green gates.

But today another long bridge The Storebaelt Bridge or The Great Belt Bridge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Belt_Bridge. The Toll here is 275 Danish Kroner payable by card or cash.

Pitched up here,

View attachment 123342
You drove right past some of the best saltwater Sea Trout fishing in Europe on Fyn, need to get myself there.

20240518_105543.jpg
Spoke to the rider. He had flown to Oslo to buy it. The weather was so nice he decided to ride it back to Tromso rather than ship it. But he was beginning to regret that as the weather had changed . He only had jeans and a leather jacket and had stopped to warm up and buy a jacket and gloves.

Despite leaving my Pitch Marker on the pitch, got back to find a large Swiss Caravan parked with its awning pegged out over the marker. In fact he had to move his guy line to avoid the sign.
How he missed it I do not know.
But I think he could have problems if he intends to move on tomorrow. It’s raining now and forecast to continue until well into tomorrow, and he’ll have to tow his caravan up a grassy slope to get to the roadway and the grass slope is actually running with water, especially where he is.

Well it rained all night and today until 1430 hrs. I drove out of it southwards. Windy now.
So the Arctic Centre was as far north as I was going
Now heading south aiming for The Trollstigen.

Stopped here for the night on the coast.
20240519_155100.jpgScreenshot_20240519_155440_Maps~2.jpg

Well today has been Tunnels , a lot from 300m to 3km, lots of spectacular bridges and 2 ferries. The last one all electric, plugging itself in each time it docks, Very clever the way it does it all automatically.
20240520_122847.jpg

20240520_142847.jpg

At my campsite in sight of The Trollstigen.

View from the van.IMG-20240520-WA0006.jpeg

20240520_165133.jpg

And my route.

Screenshot_20240520_170640_Maps.jpg

Last edited:
Well today has been Tunnels , a lot from 300m to 3km, lots of spectacular bridges and 2 ferries. The last one all electric, plugging itself in each time it docks, Very clever the way it does it all automatically.
View attachment 123601

View attachment 123602

View from the van.View attachment 123603

View attachment 123604

And my route.

View attachment 123605
Hi @WelshGas, we are currently approx 100 miles south of Trollstigen on our way north to the Artic Circle centre. We may well make use of the KOA camp. Safe travels.

Hi @WelshGas, we are currently approx 100 miles south of Trollstigen on our way north to the Artic Circle centre. We may well make use of the KOA camp. Safe travels.
Have a good trip north. I don’t know which way your going but the E39 has some major roadworks, but no significant delays just a speed reduction.

Have a good trip north. I don’t know which way your going but the E39 has some major roadworks, but no significant delays just a speed reduction.
Many thanks for the heads up. We will be on the 55 but will eventually pick up the E39.

Interesting point.
All the campsites I've stayed at had free WiFi. If I use the campsite system I can't use BBC iPlayer nor play certain downloads from Netflix ' Not available in Country.
Change to my Huawei mifi using a "3" data sim and everything works as if I was in UK.

You drove right past some of the best saltwater Sea Trout fishing in Europe on Fyn, need to get myself there.
Do you fish or flyfish? I've never been to

View from the van.

View attachment 123604

And my route.

Really enjoy the updates of your trip. It's nice to see the pictures and enjoy some travel inspiration while sat at my desk working.

Interesting point.
All the campsites I've stayed at had free WiFi. If I use the campsite system I can't use BBC iPlayer nor play certain downloads from Netflix ' Not available in Country.
Change to my Huawei mifi using a "3" data sim and everything works as if I was in UK.
Subscribe to NordVPN.
Then connect to a VPN in the UK.
Around 4 available.
Then you can SkyGo, BBC like you’re at home

Well I didn't get to drive The Trollstigen road this morning. Road closed due to a rockfall. They can't just push the debris over the side as it would have fallen on the hairpin bends below possibly. So they were waiting for some heavy gear and trucks to take it elsewhere. Oh well, excuse for another trip.20240521_091026.jpg

Well another day, another campsite.1 ferry today and a lot of Tunnels but not as long as tomorrow's.

IMG-20240521-WA0007.jpegIMG-20240521-WA0009.jpeg

And tomorrow

And tomorrow

Is the road over the mountain (Auerlandsfjellet) still closed? Some years it already opened early May. You really don’t want to miss out on that road and take the tunnel if you can avoid it!

Is the road over the mountain (Auerlandsfjellet) still closed? Some years it already opened early May. You really don’t want to miss out on that road and take the tunnel if you can avoid it!
Just checked, it’s closed. Anticipated opening 1st June.