Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Corrosion on roof struts

M

mjwpercival

VIP Member
Hey Folks

Anyone else noticed surface corrosion on the roof struts?

Cheers

Matt :thanks

Yep my 2009 has small amount not worried though I am sure somebody mentioned this before on this forum have you searched? :bananadance

Cheers Rob i did take a look but couldnt find anything. Althogh im not worried i could see the surface rust staining the fabric of the roof Cali's only 6mnths old. Or am i just being an old women...... :?:

No mines been like it for about a year I haven’t noticed it staining the roof fabric. But If yours only six months old though might be worth a call to a good VW Van Centre that knows these vans. I will check mine though & let you know if its got any worse it seems to be on one side on mine but its out of warranty now.

Now there's a challenge a good VW Centre we're in Barnstaple in North Devon.... I'll get them to take a look anyway. Cheers for response :thumb

Just checked mine no worse then it was a year ago on one side. Let me know what they say if you do contact VW.

Hi,

There's a big long thread about 'roof corrosion' - if you search on 'corrosion' you'll find quite a few!

Good luck - I hope you manage to get it sorted out!

Kim

Kimmhu said:
Hi,

There's a big long thread about 'roof corrosion' - if you search on 'corrosion' you'll find quite a few!

Good luck - I hope you manage to get it sorted out!

Kim

I think that thread was about blistering on the roof panel above the windscreen. mjwpercival is talking about corrosion on the roof strut mechanism.

I appreciate that Andy but I did think they might find the information (as there is a lot of it) useful!

Back