Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coming Home Light Function

Says in manual under leaving home coming home if light switch on zero , lights should not come on page 98.
unless daytime lights , also come on at night as well ???
Daytime running lights come on whenever the ignition is switched on & the headlights are not on.
If you want to sit in your van with the ignition on & engine not running, but all external lights off you need to tick the relevant boxes in camping mode & turn on camping mode.

Says in manual under leaving home coming home if light switch on zero , lights should not come on page 98.
unless daytime lights , also come on at night as well ???
DRL come on Day and Night.

Daytime running lights come on whenever the ignition is switched on & the headlights are not on.
If you want to sit in your van with the ignition on & engine not running, but all external lights off you need to tick the relevant boxes in camping mode & turn on camping mode.
So even if sort out what you suggested in camping mode , i will still have same issue with DRL lights at night ??? welsh gas has said they come on day or night , so will camping mode over ride DRL //??

I just want sit in van , ignition on while i mess with control panel in dark , no engine running .
But dont want head lamps dazzling next doors lounge window

So even if sort out what you suggested in camping mode , i will still have same issue with DRL lights at night ??? welsh gas has said they come on day or night , so will camping mode over ride DRL //??

I just want sit in van , ignition on while i mess with control panel in dark , no engine running .

I'll just repeat myself.

Only on the T6.1 can you disable the DRLs, via Camping Mode, to not come On with Ignition On but as soon as you start the engine Camping Mode will be disabled and the DRLs will come On.

Why do you need Ignition On to play with the Control Panel? Unless you are raising or lowering the roof there should be no need to have Ignition On.

Thanks for the well informed advise , i will test later
Thanks again .

bit confusing with all light function options .

DRL s
Camping modes
And also coming home an leaving home light options

ps so is camping mode operate , if door open or closed ???
Was under impression just when open a door ??

So many light settings !!
Says in manual coming home is manual
Leaving home is sensor by light or rain .

There delay timer mine set to 10 secs
Also option for switch on time either
Early , Meduim or Late

The way i see it to Leave home function to work headlamp switch has be in auto to operate ? And furthermore operates when driver door opened . Unlike leaving home feature .
To turn off leaving home either turn to zero or ignition on .

The coming home option i take it headlamp control also has to be in auto ?
strangely to operate this , need operate headlight flasher for 1 second , different to leaving home dont need do this .
To turn off after delay timer has finished , turn to zero or ignition on .

Appears the 2 work differently .

Does anyone use this ?? or got grips with it ?

So many light settings to remember , does anyone else struggle

ps so is camping mode operate , if door open or closed ???
Was under impression just when open a door ??
Ill repeat it one last time.....

yes mate got that bit camping mode .
how old your westie now ?
I grew up westies had 4 altogether , great dogs

yes mate got that bit camping mode .
how old your westie now ?
I grew up westies had 4 altogether , great dogs
Sadly we lost him about 4 years ago, a real character, can’t bring myself to change the picture. Have a mad cockapoo now.

shame how old was he ? ours lived to around 11 .
Might get another one at some point

10 but we nearly lost him a couple of times before then - kept the local vet in new range rovers for a while with what had to be spent on him. Turns out he was allergic to 38 varieties of grass, chicken, beef and numerous other things. He was ok eating duck & salmon & thats about it....

Back