Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coming Home Light Function

James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
Simply put - why don't UK Cali's have them?

I did read on another forum that they could be turned on by the VCDS - but i think Stu has covered this.

I am curious, any thoughts?

James

The function is 'there' but the BCM in the Cali doesn't appear to be receptive to having it enabled.

It may be given some time and perseverance it can be done as there are several possible permutations.

If I get time I'll have another look, weather permitting I have another small project to get underway. :shocked

Stu said:
The function is 'there' but the BCM in the Cali doesn't appear to be receptive to having it enabled.

It may be given some time and perseverance it can be done as there are several possible permutations.

If I get time I'll have another look, weather permitting I have another small project to get underway. :shocked

That's strange - why is not working on UK Cali's - similar to the Auto lights, only UK T5 with them is the edition 25 with Xenons yet the auto lights are common in LHD markets with or without Xenons.

Do UK Calis have a different BCM?

Questions questions....

And what's the project??

James

It could be something to do with the way the lights are wired if you have Auto Lights.

James said:
And what's the project??

All in good time my good man. ;)

choplee said:
I so need auto lights ..:-(
I so miss them :-(

Yep same here, but need to change the windscreen to one with the sensor in it so I'll wait till it needs changing & then consider adding it.

Andy said:
choplee said:
I so need auto lights ..:-(
I so miss them :-(

Yep same here, but need to change the windscreen to one with the sensor in it so I'll wait till it needs changing & then consider adding it.

Andy that's the oddity

UK is the only market with vis pack a and b - other LHD markets the auto wipers and lights are part of one simple package.

People like Lee and Stu should have all the gubbings in place for auto lights, as you say, the mirror and windscreen with the sensor.

I don't know about other T5 RHD markets but apart from the ED25 which has Xenons VW don't offer auto lights or a coming home function in the UK.

James

i don't suppose any dealer has a ed25 as a demo bus or pool car ... :lol:

choplee said:
i don't suppose any dealer has a ed25 as a demo bus or pool car ... :lol:

What we'd need Lee is a helpful dealer somewhere, I don't know, perhaps somewhere like Sussex. A friendly helpful dealer who is respected throughout the forum :)

I've sent you some e mails by the way - I've found a new favourite website :)

James

Custard said:
Stu said:
We need a half day loan of an Ed 25 ;)

Indeed - now what well respected and well liked forum member has an ED25...

:D

I was talking to a well respected and well liked forum member who has an ED25 earlier today and he has very kindly said that when time allows I can have a nosey at said vehicle :thumb

Stu said:
Custard said:
Stu said:

I was talking to a well respected and well liked forum member who has an ED25 earlier today and he has very kindly said that when time allows I can have a nosey at said vehicle :thumb

I like him already stu even if I don't know him :)

Stu said:
Custard said:
Stu said:

I know it's wrong - but I am slightly excited by this :)

James

Stu said:
Custard said:
Stu said:

I know it's wrong - but I am slightly excited by this :)

James

you are slightly wrong James ,but if we was all the same the chat would be so boring :barmy

Lee

I just keep taking the tablets - they've told if I do that, then it will all be okay... :funny

James

When ever i get in van no engine running im blinding my neighbours lounge window .when i turn ignition on , light switch at zero , is this correct ??

according to manual if light switch is set to zero , headlights should not come on but they do .

Says works when open door or light /rain sensor .

think says for work light switch has be in auto ?? mine is set to zero , still come on with just ignition on , no engine running ??

Am i right in saying if the light control set to zero should not come on anyway ?

SAYS to operate coming home option operate head light flasher for 1 second .

Appears the leaving home / coming home options work seperately .

Can anyone make any sense of this ? please

When ever i get in van no engine running im blinding my neighbours lounge window .when i turn ignition on , light switch at zero , is this correct ??

according to manual if light switch is set to zero , headlights should not come on but they do .

Says works when open door or light /rain sensor .

think says for work light switch has be in auto ?? mine is set to zero , still come on with just ignition on , no engine running ??

Am i right in saying if the light control set to zero should not come on anyway ?

SAYS to operate coming home option operate head light flasher for 1 second .

Appears the leaving home / coming home options work seperately .

Can anyone make any sense of this ? please
When you turn the ignition On then the DRL lights come on. Nothing to do with headlights. This is an automatic function of modern vehicles.

When you turn the ignition On then the DRL lights come on. Nothing to do with headlights. This is an automatic function of modern vehicles.
what is DRL ?
So nothing i can do about it ?
You say nothing to do with headlight s but that the problem , coming on when ignition switched on , an headlight switch is off .

how do i stop blinding neighbours lounge window , when no need for lights on , i just want sit in van ?

Have i got fault ?

what is DRL ?
So nothing i can do about it ?
You say nothing to do with headlight s but that the problem , coming on when ignition switched on , an headlight switch is off .

how do i stop blinding neighbours lounge window , when no need for lights on , i just want sit in van ?

Have i got fault ?
No fault. Have you looked at the front end with ignition On and light switch Off. Those are the DRLs. They indicate the vehicle can move. If you don't want them to come on don't switch the Ignition On.

Ah found it daytime running lights , dont think its that they only come on when start engine .

this is seperate feature called coming home / leaving home option as says in manual , not figured it out yet , i need look into this feature in more detail , if you have any knowledge of this feature would be appreciated thanks

Do daytime runninfg lights come on in dark as well then , this problem i have is at night darkness not day .

have you heard of coming home / leaving home light options , think this is seperate system to DRL

Says in manual under leaving home coming home if light switch on zero , lights should not come on page 98.
unless daytime lights , also come on at night as well ???

Back