Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfortz Awning Room … are there significant ‘gaps’

B

BeeBee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Looking for more info on Comfortz Awning Room. We’ve watched video of set up and seems pretty quick and easy ( we already have a Vango Palm drive away ) and we are aware of the Comfortz room restrictions re use in high winds , however on looking more closely at the erected room it appears that there is a significant ‘gap’ between the top of the side room ( Velcro over the awning arms ) and the awning top. I’m assuming this could be a source of rain, if even with a light wind / rain combination….. am I right ?

We have been in rainy Hawes with ours for a couple of days. We leave one side open for easy access and didn't have any problems with rain. We off set the awning to ensure rain run off, this means one of the sides of the sarafi room are crumpled but it's fine.

We had the white flaps pegged down to the outside and didn't have any rain coming under.

There is a slight gap at the top on each side above where the sides connect to the awning bar. This didn't give us any problems, may help in high winds as well allow some wind through as such.

We have deliberately fixed the Safari room side away from the van so to avoid anything getting blown or rubbing on the van. Guessing rain could come in here but we had rain all weekend and it was fine.PXL_20230731_090219319.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

We have been in rainy Hawes with ours for a couple of days. We leave one side open for easy access and didn't have any problems with rain. We off set the awning to ensure rain run off, this means one of the sides of the sarafi room are crumpled but it's fine.

We had the white flaps pegged down to the outside and didn't have any rain coming under.

There is a slight gap at the top on each side above where the sides connect to the awning bar. This didn't give us any problems, may help in high winds as well allow some wind through as such.

We have deliberately fixed the Safari room side away from the van so to avoid anything getting blown or rubbing on the van. Guessing rain could come in here but we had rain all weekend and it was fine.View attachment 112349

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Thanks, useful info and looks like you’re having a fine time.

I bought the infills which are sold separately - I connect them to the van with magnets, very pleased with them.

I bought the infills which are sold separately - I connect them to the van with magnets, very pleased with them.
If possible a pic would be useful of how you attach the infill to the van.

Back