Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

"Colin the Cali"

I

Iain&Shani

VIP Member
OK, soft name but the good lady seems to like it! as you probably know; we picked it up on Thursday from Listers in Coventry. I'll do a review of that process in time, I want to have a really good look around first. It is one of the SE Berghaus models.
It had it's first work out today on a run to drop our daughter back at Uni in Liverpool via M5. M6, M62. Took it fairly steady but a really nice drive. Shani was delighted with the heated seat and I was even more happy with the alternate systems for the driver/passenger. She was baking and I had it blowing quite cool!
Our previous journeys have involved the car baing packed to the gunnels but this time there was so much room to spare it was ridiculous. No doubt she will be transferring more stuff back next time.
I loved the cruise control, particularly through the vairiable speed limits and various average speed camerad road works. It was a breeze coming back with slightly less traffic around.

Tomorrow we have a good look around the living area and who knows may pop the top!

When do you relax when parking it? Work, general car parks and supermarkets all fill me with dread!! (its not my parking but everyone elses!!)
Had a good look around at the weekend and indeed did pop the top and wind out the awning! (Shani took some pictures but!!) Once we gas it we will try out the "kitchen" fully. Been shopping for storage stuff as we don't intend to leave it loaded until the summer.
Trip down to Monmouth at the weekend; further play planned. Downside...it will need a wash after!

"Colin the Cali"

I hate carparks. If we end up in a Tesco or similar when we are away, I tend to stay in the van and Liz goes shopping. I do find it stressful though!!!

Also hate car parks.
I tend to park in the far corner of supermarket car parks, usually not so busy & sometimes park over two spaces.

Back