Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cleaning product

Gina-B

Gina-B

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all
Has anyone used Auto Glym Rapid Aqua Wax? I'm resisting the hard work of regular wax and this product seems a possibly useful/easier alternative. You apply it (sprays on) straight after washing/rinsing whilst the vehicle is still wet. Just wondering how effective it is. If anyone has used it, what do you think of it and how often do you use it? If it's no good I will go back to a proper wax job.

I've used it on my car. It's ok, but it doesn't last long, so it's good if you're doing a quick wash and want it nice and shiny for an event or a short while. It won't replace a proper waxing but it's good if time is a premium.

Use it sparingly, I put a bit much on the roof the first time and took blooming ages to buff off. I think the instructions say one to two sprays per panel from memory. One is probably enough (though my car's panels are rather smaller than a Cali!)

Hi all
Has anyone used Auto Glym Rapid Aqua Wax? I'm resisting the hard work of regular wax and this product seems a possibly useful/easier alternative. You apply it (sprays on) straight after washing/rinsing whilst the vehicle is still wet. Just wondering how effective it is. If anyone has used it, what do you think of it and how often do you use it? If it's no good I will go back to a proper wax job.
Use it all the time, it’s part of my standard wash process, whilst the vehicle is still wet use this a panel at a time, couple of sprays, one cloth to spread out and semi dry and the other to buff up/finish it off.

I’ve used it, very very easy to use and a lot better than nothing. As others have said, less is more.

Yup, it’s easy….. use every time I wash the van. I also like Demon Shine too. Both of these are it as durable as hard wax but hey, why not?

I know some people use Aqua Wax as a way of rapid drying only (it really does dry the van fast!)

Not us3d on the Van as have a ceramic coating, but used on cars, I like the product, as others have mentioned needs to be applied regularly

I've used it a lot over the last 10 years and have very little to add as I agree with all the other comments.

The only addition I have is that for those 10 years it was used on silver cars... Silver cars are basically the least fussy but also least rewarding colours to valet. I don't find it quite as impressive on my indium grey as the darker tones pop a lot more with a proper wax. If you have a light colour then it's very good and really quick. If you have a darker colour I find this to give better results and still applies in the same way (wet or dry and spray on buff off)

I’ve used it on all our family cars/ van for at least 10 years. I love it! It gives a decent hygroscopic effect wash to wash, and applied to a wet vehicle it makes the drying off process much easier and streak free. It is also removes bird poo, baked on flies and tar. It smells great too! I also use other Autoglym products Rapid Detailer and Rapid Ceramic Spray every 3 months or so. These provide a deep gloss finish and hygroscopic coating the lasts for longer, but I’m convinced that the Aqua Wax extends the life of the Ceramic coating. I never need /want to use the conventional wax polish any longer.

As an added tip, I always carry a spray bottle made up of 20% concentrate Aqua Wax plus water. This is good to remove flies, tar, bird poo etc., and do a windscreen and bonnet clean when touring. I use the blue microfibre cloths you get with the Aqua Wax. It works on the inside of the windscreen too.

Further tip: If you find you like Aqua Wax, you can buy it in bulk, a 5 litre bottle, for a lot less. It’s got slightly different branding, but it’s the same stuff. It’s around [edit] 1/3rd the cost of the retail 500ml bottle at under £10/ litre.

Last edited:
Also a fan! Use it after each wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used this about 6 months ago and have been pretty impressed. Probably similar to Auto Glym, but I’ve found it lasts longer. Also very easy and quick to apply.

SOFT99 Fusso Speed Barrier Quik Spray Wax

It’s a great maintenance product, used between proper decontamination wax routines. Easy to use, what’s not to like.

Not us3d on the Van as have a ceramic coating, but used on cars, I like the product, as others have mentioned needs to be applied regularly
I’ve also got a ceramic coating, what’s your procedure? Do you just wash with shampoo, rinse and dry. Only just had this done.

I’ve also got a ceramic coating, what’s your procedure? Do you just wash with shampoo, rinse and dry. Only just had this done.
I just wash with a quality car shampoo, using two bucket method, rinse and towel dry. In fact that’s tomorrow’s job as the van is in need of a clean, been neglected last few weeks.

I used this about 6 months ago and have been pretty impressed. Probably similar to Auto Glym, but I’ve found it lasts longer. Also very easy and quick to apply.

SOFT99 Fusso Speed Barrier Quik Spray Wax
Can this be used on a wet vehicle? That’s a big advantage of the auto glym product as with a big vehicle such as my GC using the aqua wax on a wet vehicle eliminates the need for a separate drying step.
If it can be, I might give it a try.

I've used it on my car. It's ok, but it doesn't last long, so it's good if you're doing a quick wash and want it nice and shiny for an event or a short while. It won't replace a proper waxing but it's good if time is a premium.

Use it sparingly, I put a bit much on the roof the first time and took blooming ages to buff off. I think the instructions say one to two sprays per panel from memory. One is probably enough (though my car's panels are rather smaller than a Cali!)
Thanks Pegsinho - will get some today.

Use it all the time, it’s part of my standard wash process, whilst the vehicle is still wet use this a panel at a time, couple of sprays, one cloth to spread out and semi dry and the other to buff up/finish it off.
Sounds just the job. One of the attractions is the fact that you can use it whilst the van is still wet.

Yup, it’s easy….. use every time I wash the van. I also like Demon Shine too. Both of these are it as durable as hard wax but hey, why not?

I know some people use Aqua Wax as a way of rapid drying only (it really does dry the van fast!)
Yes I've heard that too. Will give it a go. Thanks for responding.

I've used it a lot over the last 10 years and have very little to add as I agree with all the other comments.

The only addition I have is that for those 10 years it was used on silver cars... Silver cars are basically the least fussy but also least rewarding colours to valet. I don't find it quite as impressive on my indium grey as the darker tones pop a lot more with a proper wax. If you have a light colour then it's very good and really quick. If you have a darker colour I find this to give better results and still applies in the same way (wet or dry and spray on buff off)

Mine is two tone - white over green, so best of both worlds. Will give it a go. Thanks for responding.

I’ve used it on all our family cars/ van for at least 10 years. I love it! It gives a decent hygroscopic effect wash to wash, and applied to a wet vehicle it makes the drying off process much easier and streak free. It is also removes bird poo, baked on flies and tar. It smells great too! I also use other Autoglym products Rapid Detailer and Rapid Ceramic Spray every 3 months or so. These provide a deep gloss finish and hygroscopic coating the lasts for longer, but I’m convinced that the Aqua Wax extends the life of the Ceramic coating. I never need /want to use the conventional wax polish any longer.

As an added tip, I always carry a spray bottle made up of 20% concentrate Aqua Wax plus water. This is good to remove flies, tar, bird poo etc., and do a windscreen and bonnet clean when touring. I use the blue microfibre cloths you get with the Aqua Wax. It works on the inside of the windscreen too.

Further tip: If you find you like Aqua Wax, you can buy it in bulk, a 5 litre bottle, for a lot less. It’s got slightly different branding, but it’s the same stuff. It’s around 2/3 the cost of the retail 500ml bottle.
Thanks Hawthorn37. Is the 5 litre bottle still made by Auto Glym? Get it at Halfords? Thanks for your response.

It’s a great maintenance product, used between proper decontamination wax routines. Easy to use, what’s not to like.
Thanks for the response Perfectos. After all the responses I think I'll use it after every wash. The main attraction is that you can use it on a wet vehicle.

Thanks Hawthorn37. Is the 5 litre bottle still made by Auto Glym? Get it at Halfords? Thanks for your response.
It’s called AutoGlym Professional Express Wax. Not aware of Halfords selling it. You can buy direct from AutoGlym, or other online retailers. Typically £44 to £48 for 5litres (less than £10/litre), compared to about £14 to £20 for a 500ml bottle at Halfords etc. Here’s links to Autoglym and Amazon…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004XCKXJE/?tag=eliteelect-21

Back