Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cannot get a connection between Victron unit and my phone.

N

nick100

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I have had solar panels and a Victron controller for 5 years on my Cali. I have had as many changes of phone in that time with no problems moving serially from one phone to the next until today.
I now have a Google Pixel 7 pro, and the Victron unit will not pair.
I have read the online Victron instructions and the forum tips here and so far have tried the following;

-Deleted and reinstalled the Victron app
-Restarted my phone
-Disconnected for 5 minutes, and then reconnected both battery and PV from the unit
-Pressed the "reset PIN" button on the Bluetooth unit
-Disconnected and then reconnected the Bluetooth module.

If open the app on the phone it does not give me the option to enter a new PIN but immediately starts to try to connect and I get.the progress bar. When it gets to 80 percent it tells me that pairing has failed. I read about trying to press the 3 vertical dots on the right in the app and choosing "reset PIN" but I do not get that option. If I open the 3 dot menu there is only one option which is "forget device", which I have also tried without success.
I wonder if anyone out there has any further suggestions ?
Many thanks, Nick

Try clearing the cache to the victron app.

Will be somewhere like

Settings~Apps~Victron~force stop~storage~clear data~clear cache.

You can also check to see if there is an app relating to Bluetooth in the app folder of settings and do the same to that.

Then reboot the phone.

Thank you for your helpful advice temporary secretary and I have just been out and tried it. Sadly it has made no difference although a message popped up to say that the "Victron is already connected to another device". Yes indeed, that is a correct statement, referring to my last phone which I factory reset and sold 3 months ago, so no hope of using that to sever the Bluetooth connection!
I am amazed that disconnecting the unit from a power supply did not wipe out memory of a previous connection. How do I wipe the Victron unit clean in order to start again?

Thank you for your helpful advice temporary secretary and I have just been out and tried it. Sadly it has made no difference although a message popped up to say that the "Victron is already connected to another device". Yes indeed, that is a correct statement, referring to my last phone which I factory reset and sold 3 months ago, so no hope of using that to sever the Bluetooth connection!
I am amazed that disconnecting the unit from a power supply did not wipe out memory of a previous connection. How do I wipe the Victron unit clean in order to start again?
Check this to see if it helps. It's a guy from Victron explaining how to solve exactly the problem you are experiencing. Or this one. The default PIN is 000000 (six zeros) unless you changed it.
The PUK is on a sticker on the MPPT.

Update on my connection problems:
I contacted Victron UK and used their online chat service. They were very thorough and I am embarrassed about how simple the solution was. I needed to press AND HOLD the PIN reset button on the dongle and wait for both LEDs to flash. This took nearly 10 seconds, but thereafter the connection was seamless and instant with the default code of 000000. I feel a bit of an idiot but I am posting this update in the hope that it helps someone else next time!

Back