Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campingas 907 bottles in Spain—Will I need an adaptor?

Gooldmike

Gooldmike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello,
Im planning to make a 3 month trip down through France to Spain from January onwards.Most of my time will be in Spain. I have a camping gas 907 bottle in my van and intend to bring a spare. However , in case i need to buy another bottle whilst im away , can someone clarify if the bottles are exactly the same in Spain as in the Uk or will i need an adaptor ? ( if so, what type of adaptor will i need ?)
Thank you

Hello,
Im planning to make a 3 month trip down through France to Spain from January onwards.Most of my time will be in Spain. I have a camping gas 907 bottle in my van and intend to bring a spare. However , in case i need to buy another bottle whilst im away , can someone clarify if the bottles are exactly the same in Spain as in the Uk or will i need an adaptor ? ( if so, what type of adaptor will i need ?)
Thank you
Exactly the same, whichever country you buy your Campingaz 907 in.

Hello,
Thank you
Good luck with finding any bottles of Campingaz 907 in Spain. We were there for 6 weeks and found just one campsite that stocked an ‘Almost As Good As’ Campingaz bottle. I wasn’t prepared to swap my branded bottle for it, so we left it there.

Eventually we ran out! We still had Cadac bbq which we used with EN417 bottles. We found those in Decathlon.

France do lots of bottled gasses, very easy to find, in lots of different shapes and sizes. Spain isn’t the same, it has a main type and a couple of others, sold by Repsol, they’re at least 9kg I think.

Our trip was mainly in northern Spain, and we really did try to find 907.

Good luck with finding any bottles of Campingaz 907 in Spain. We were there for 6 weeks and found just one campsite that stocked an ‘Almost As Good As’ Campingaz bottle. I wasn’t prepared to swap my branded bottle for it, so we left it there.

Eventually we ran out! We still had Cadac bbq which we used with EN417 bottles. We found those in Decathlon.

France do lots of bottled gasses, very easy to find, in lots of different shapes and sizes. Spain isn’t the same, it has a main type and a couple of others, sold by Repsol, they’re at least 9kg I think.

Thats odd. Did you check out the Campingaz retailers listed on their website. Was it a case of we normally have stock but come back manana.

Hi, and thanks for the information. I did read sourcing may be a bit of a problem , despite the campingas website indicating quite a few stores in various areas . I suspect the latter may not be particularily accurate.
I’m taking a spare bottle anyway and can use an electric induction hob when on hookup — so should be ok , I think

In Spain they have dark Blue BUTSIR bottles. They are the same as CampingGaz and We have Got them changed back to light Blue CampingGaz bottles in both France and here in Denmark without any problems. Most marine stores have them.

Those bottles are available at campsites but also try Builders merchants if you have issues.

There's also a "non Camping Gaz" version that for all intents and purposes looks like the 907 which is usually interchangeable in Spain but not necessarily outside of Spain.

Hello,
Thank you
we had the same problem of trying to to a replacement bottle a few years ago ,when you need one it seems like there are none near you .So we had an underslung gas tank fitted and all worries gone just fillup at petrol stations ,only costs less than 10 euros to fill .The camping gaz web site is out of date we found it useless.

In Spain they have dark Blue BUTSIR bottles. They are the same as CampingGaz and We have Got them changed back to light Blue CampingGaz bottles in both France and here in Denmark without any problems. Most marine stores have them.
Thank you for that — it’s very helpful . I don’t mind , even if they don’t take the campingas bottle as a replacement , if I have to buy a full Butsir bottle as a “ one off” , as long as it resolves the problematic situation of running out of gas

Just about any Spanish hardware shop or so-called Ferreteria stocks Campingaz 907 but not 904 cylinders. Have a look on the find a stockist section of the cg website.

Hello,
Thank you
having a Beach Camper as stated in avatar, it isn't your bottle a 904 Campingaz?
you said 907...

Well spotted ! Recently changed my va
Only the Tour version of the Beach (with pull out cooker) has a gas cylinder and it takes the smallest refillable Campingaz 901 cylinder which you may struggle to get in Spain. You could change the regulator to an EN 417 so you can fit one of those disposable gas canisters that they sell everywhere.

In addition to the above options many Cepsa petrol stations will exchange and some even sell Campingaz bottles.

We tried the local branded Butsir butane bottle and indeed it fits perfectly, but it could not be exchanged back for a Campingaz bottle.

Also good to have something like this as a back up - uses EN417 cartridge. Will also run off blow torch gas (gas mix is the same), which is is available everywhere.

Back