Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Surf Model

Isn’t the point that the Surf is £4,818 cheaper than the Ocean. People commenting it missing this and that, but it is built to a price point. Nearly £5k cheaper than Ocean so more affordable. Surely that is a good thing.
The Coast was about £9k less than Ocean .. less kit than the Surf too

Can’t believe I just watched that twonk for nearly 30minutes.

Genuinely believe the Cali is looking really tired and the surf has hit the market about 10 years too late.
I wanna love it, honestly. But it looks really really tired…

Genuinely believe the Cali is looking really tired and the surf has hit the market about 10 years too late.
He could have done the video in 30 seconds - there's no tints, it's got the beach dials, the awning is missing and we've got T5 colour cupboards. job done.

He could have done the video in 30 seconds - there's no tints, it's got the beach dials, the awning is missing and we've got T5 colour cupboards. job done.
30 secs for all that and 29:30 mins on an expose of the Bellowsgate fiasco. I'm sure the dealer would have lent him a hose.

30 secs for all that and 29:30 mins on an expose of the Bellowsgate fiasco. I'm sure the dealer would have lent him a hose.

He’s in bed at Breeze and free flights to Volkswagen HQ. You’ll never see a negative review…

And people wonder why this “twonk” never, ever promotes this forum. Nobody is forcing you to watch our channel. You do know there is a button where you can hide channels from your own account don’t you? Click that and maybe even start your own channel.

And people wonder why this “twonk” never, ever promotes this forum. Nobody is forcing you to watch our channel. You do know there is a button where you can hide channels from your own account don’t you? Click that and maybe even start your own channel.

Thanks for popping in, your 247 messages have done wonders for this forum…

Rest assured, you can sleep easy, I’m not a follower and don’t subscribe. Cheers bud :thumb

i thought that was a useful and complete review of the Surf. had i been in the market for one, that is exactly what i would have liked to see. I was actually thinking how well ABAB has become at presenting in that format. Even if i didn't highly rate it, it baffles me that anyone would develop strong feelings against it or the producers, who as far as i can see, have always been friendly and helpful.

Thanks for popping in, your 247 messages have done wonders for this forum…

Rest assured, you can sleep easy, I’m not a follower and don’t subscribe. Cheers bud :thumb
what a vitriolic and unnecessary thing to say. ABAB have produced some of the most useful info and advice short films for California users out there. Fair enough to perhaps be critical of slightly sponsored-esk videos, but why the anger? so weird.

what a vitriolic and unnecessary thing to say. ABAB have produced some of the most useful info and advice short films for California users out there. Fair enough to perhaps be critical of slightly sponsored-esk videos, but why the anger? so weird.

No anger, from me.
If the post reads vitriolic, I retract the statement.
Just not my cup of tea. Hence why I don’t follow.

As for input on this forum. They’ve offered very little over the years here…

No anger, from me.

Fair enough.

No anger, from me.

To be fair, it's not them posting and pushing their content on the forum. Other youtubers do though.

@soulstyledevon Off topic but when are you off to NEC? I'm there on Thursday if you fancy a meet.

It’s a shame that you have chosen to never ever promote this forum, (ever) not even when you were starting out! that can’t be because you’re sensitive to disparaging comments surely?

The people that access this Forum are your target audience Are they not ?

your blogs often cover the subjects discussed at length on the forum ?

you clearly monitor the forum, so by that very nature you are a user, albeit you choose not to contribute Or subscribe to or support the forum In any way!

why so negative about the forum and it’s members?
you choose not “never “ mention the largest world wide English speaking resource dedicated to California vans ? (your target audience)

Have you got an issue with the forum owners ?

I would genuinely be interested to understand why you actively choose not to interact with or support this forum, other than to occasionally respond to a comment Since you joined In 2016 ?

Last edited:
To be fair, it's not them posting and pushing their content on the forum. Other youtubers do though.

@soulstyledevon Off topic but when are you off to NEC? I'm there on Thursday if you fancy a meet.

We’re there on Friday.
Otherwise, it would’ve been a hell yeah.

Do you have your eye on anything in particular, or just a general browse…?

I have booked a drive in a Crafter tomorrow. Had a 2022 Transit off work for a few days last week. Will be interesting to compare.

It’s a shame that you have chosen to never ever promote this forum, (ever) not even when you were starting out! that can’t be because you’re sensitive to disparaging comments surely?

The people that access this Forum are your target audience Are they not ?

your blogs often cover the subjects discussed at length on the forum ?

you clearly monitor the forum, so by that very nature you are a user, albeit you choose not to contribute Or subscribe to or support the forum In any way!

why so negative about the forum and it’s members?
you choose not to never mention the largest world wide English speaking resource dedicated to California vans ? (your target audience)

Have you got an issue with the forum owners ?

I would genuinely be interested to understand why you actively choose not to interact with or support this forum, other than to occasionally respond to a comment Since you joined In 2016 ?
I tell a lie, in the past we have promoted the forum on videos, we’ve explained how it’s a very useful resource for new or prospective California owners. We still believe this. We used to regularly share our videos on the forum and used to receive a lot of lovely comments and useful feedback.

As the years have gone by we have seemed to receive more rude comments about us on here and, as we are only human, we are occasionally rattled by such comments. On our channel we can control such content, if somebody is rude we can delete them.

We have nothing against the forum owners, we’ve never had anything to do with them.

There seem to be a small amount of members that seem to really dislike us and are very vocal about that especially since we sold our California and subsequently bought a Crafter.

At the end of the day we produce free content as a hobby (we both work in air traffic control) and, as with any video or programme that I don’t like, we can be skipped.

We’re there on Friday.
Otherwise, it would’ve been a hell yeah.

Do you have your eye on anything in particular, or just a general browse…?

I have booked a drive in a Crafter tomorrow. Had a 2022 Transit off work for a few days last week. Will be interesting to compare.
no worries :thumb .
Having a look at a GC600 today and then looking forward to a proper look around at the show, see what stuff's like in the flesh. Like you, fancying something next size up from Cali 6m max but struggling with all the different layouts/compromises etc.

There seem to be a small amount of members that seem to really dislike us and are very vocal about that especially since we sold our California and subsequently bought a Crafter.
Rubbish…
There’s so many members here (still active I might add) that have switched vans and posted both pros and cons of each.
I found this a very welcoming club regardless of vehicle.

Perhaps you just don’t like negative responses about your content. It goes with the territory, I’m afraid. You can’t appeal to everyone.

Back