Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California ocean 2021 kitchenette table stuck

J

julia may carr

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Help! Going away next week ands cannot slide the table out - it is stuck between the fridge and bench . Tried everything suggested on previous similar posts but the catch handle does not seem to engage and work as it should. Can anyone help please?

Any lateral movement? Is the table perpendicular? Does the latch move when pressed? Has something slipped down the side and wedged itself in? Anything in the space at the side of the bench drawer that might have shifted and again wedged itself against the table?
These are some obvious checks to make to see whether the table has seated itself in the wrong position of if the latch is broken. There isn't really much that can go awry.

If you have not done so yet you could lay on your back head to kitchen with a torch and study the gaps. This helped me understand a problem.

Last edited:
Any lateral movement? Is the table perpendicular? Does the latch move when pressed? Has something slipped down the side and wedged itself in? Anything in the space at the side of the bench drawer that might have shifted and again wedged itself against the table?
These are some obvious checks to make to see whether the table has seated itself in the wrong position of if the latch is broken. There isn't really much that can go awry.
As above also try putting the bed down flat then try to release latch as you pull the table towards you.

Help! Going away next week ands cannot slide the table out - it is stuck between the fridge and bench . Tried everything suggested on previous similar posts but the catch handle does not seem to engage and work as it should. Can anyone help please
As above also try putting the bed down flat then try to release latch as you pull the table towards you.
Thanks to each of you for your support and suggestions. I will work thro them tomorrow morning in better light and let you know how I get on

When I say pull towards you - while sitting on bed

Hello guys. I have tried everything but the table is stuck fast unfortunately. There is nothing in the way and it feels as if depressing the catch/latch isn't resulting in the action it should. Perhaps it is broken.? Thanks for your advice.

Back