Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California beach starlight blue

fd0624ff03824396f5bb84b67ccf403e.jpg

Our beach at Scarborough beach. Also saw a 60 plate beige Cali outside a cafe at the north shore, very tidy.

hi fellow yorkie...where do you live ? will look out for you....we live in holme on splading moor

Geoff and Sandi

180 psi 2014 grey cali fully specced...en route to portugal 2 weeks...towing caravan...cant wait to get a litttle subshine !!

hi fellow yorkie...where do you live ? will look out for you....we live in holme on splading moor

Geoff and Sandi

180 psi 2014 grey cali fully specced...en route to portugal 2 weeks...towing caravan...cant wait to get a litttle subshine !!

Hi Geoff York, we live near penistone at the moment, but I work near xscape so will keep my eyes peeled! Nice sounding van and even nicer sounding trip away. :D Don't forget your sun cream! :thumb
James

Yes please. It might silence my moans on the lack of two reading lights for the down stairs bed!
The step might make it easier for short people like me to make it upstairs too without it taking up too much space.
Thx.
Received the rigid one today and stuck it in the back of the van. Please excuse the mess.
ea432780e1204f9e7c678d916645a38e.jpg
e09eccc87abfd1a29e1b304d22d84249.jpg
a6bac96877dd1dd953456d8688afc653.jpg

And the flexi one, think I will use the clips to hang it in the awning.
cbe89dcf86b1d42f69b582b2cc2d856d.jpg
61484fda978c3ac18e390965aedd74cb.jpg
362b6fff7abe09272f7385decfad9338.jpg
you need to make sure when ordering that you have the one with the power supplies because you can get them without if you want to add them on.

Cheers Batmobile,
Can't wait to see your pics when you get it, i bet you can't wait.
It's the standard dash as there was no option for the upgrade when I ordered. It is a black interior, we thought it was a must with a dog, and 2 year old and another on the way. I'll take some pics later on and post up tonight.
Why do you disagree bogdan viziteu? Don't tell me the comfort dash was available when I ordered and I missed it? :(

Just ordered one of these in black http://www.exploria-online.co.uk/cab-mats.aspx I'm picking it up Monday and I'll post some pics then.
Cool. Are the standard carpets not up to much, or is this just an extra layer of protection?

I popped into a van dealers yesterday (as you do!) and looked at the Caravelle Generation Six. Even though it has the same 4 channels in the floor, the same bench (albeit in leather) and the same options of the extra seats as the Beach, it is beautifully carpeted and yet we can't opt for it on the Beach. Quite frustrating!

How are the carpets you bought from eBay holding up? Do they move around at the thinner points? Are they getting scuffed around the edges? Or are they spot on? Kind of hoping they are and I'll get some when my time comes.

Cool. Are the standard carpets not up to much, or is this just an extra layer of protection?

I popped into a van dealers yesterday (as you do!) and looked at the Caravelle Generation Six. Even though it has the same 4 channels in the floor, the same bench (albeit in leather) and the same options of the extra seats as the Beach, it is beautifully carpeted and yet we can't opt for it on the Beach. Quite frustrating!

How are the carpets you bought from eBay holding up? Do they move around at the thinner points? Are they getting scuffed around the edges? Or are they spot on? Kind of hoping they are and I'll get some when my time comes.
Just extra protection for the carpet. The standard cab carpet is a really nice material and looks great, I want to keep it that way. I thought I could put this under the monster mats in winter then remove the monster mats in summer. Doing this may well slow me down as the accl. Pedal won't be able to go all the way to the floor ;) probably not a bad thing in winter.
I would have ordered a full carpet throughout if it was an option, makes it really cosy.
They are doing really well, there is no movement and they vac up nicely too. Worth £70 even if it just to protect the floor until you sort something else out. Although now VW don't deal with brandrup not sure there are many other alternatives.

Pics of the new mat.
ce547df99e174bf105b031c9a8015aab.jpg
15461e9b939f601cd0156ddf91f6e6f3.jpg
90b4b440f14a6933cdc8be657c43e11a.jpg
fd559125ca50cdfdf272fdc527e39f3f.jpg
ea61b62feb7935ea1ed280d5dfb9fd43.jpg
6552cd740b0612340e94789b28672076.jpg

Only one really small downside is that they don't have holes in them for the retaining clips but it fits so well it isn't going anywhere.
Had a really quick look at in their workshop whilst I was waiting and had a brief chat with one of the guys, on first impressions I would definitely take my vehicle here for any work doing. Probably a parking heater for me toward winter with OEM vent kit and mobile phone control kit but will see how plan A works first.

Looks good. Did these guys offer any kind of solution to the 'carpet in the back' challenge?

Looks good. Did these guys offer any kind of solution to the 'carpet in the back' challenge?
He didn't say they did one but as he was in the van fitting in he pointed at mine and said we always suggest getting a carpet for the rear. Looking in the workshop they had lots of carpet rolls around so I reckon they probably make them when they are converting. Might be worth dropping them and email, it took a few days for a reply but they do seem busy. IMO though a busy workshop can't be a bad one?!

Just extra protection for the carpet. The standard cab carpet is a really nice material and looks great, I want to keep it that way. I thought I could put this under the monster mats in winter then remove the monster mats in summer. Doing this may well slow me down as the accl. Pedal won't be able to go all the way to the floor ;) probably not a bad thing in winter.
I would have ordered a full carpet throughout if it was an option, makes it really cosy.
They are doing really well, there is no movement and they vac up nicely too. Worth £70 even if it just to protect the floor until you sort something else out. Although now VW don't deal with brandrup not sure there are many other alternatives.

Been chatting with the team at Exploria and will likely buy the same front mat as you but they couldn't give me more than an estimate (£250-ish) on rear carpets and said they'd need my Cali for a few days, which would be problematic. SO, I browsed a little further afield and ordered the Brandrup mats for the rear of the T6 Beach in black from Germany. Look like great quality, and admittedly it doesn't include the boot, but cost £160 delivered, which I didn't think was awful. Lead time is 14 weeks so now it's just a game of which comes first!

http://shop.christl.de/vehicle-interior/carpets/t6/passenger-compartment/
(2nd from the bottom - no picture available of the black one on this website but there is on the Brandrup site and the codes match)

Been chatting with the team at Exploria and will likely buy the same front mat as you but they couldn't give me more than an estimate (£250-ish) on rear carpets and said they'd need my Cali for a few days, which would be problematic. SO, I browsed a little further afield and ordered the Brandrup mats for the rear of the T6 Beach in black from Germany. Look like great quality, and admittedly it doesn't include the boot, but cost £160 delivered, which I didn't think was awful. Lead time is 14 weeks so now it's just a game of which comes first!

http://shop.christl.de/vehicle-interior/carpets/t6/passenger-compartment/
(2nd from the bottom - no picture available of the black one on this website but there is on the Brandrup site and the codes match)

Nice one, that range looks quality and you have got that at a good price. I was quoted £220 for the beige one (as he didn't have any black in stock) from the dealer. You could always have a bootliner for the back, I have a foam one from a Tiguan which fits really well which I use for boots and Wellies. Are you going to call in to pick up your front mat? If you are let me know your first impressions of place, would be good to see if you have the same thoughts as me regarding professionalism etc. Fingers crossed for you that the mat arrives a few days before your Cali!
Can't wait to see your pics :thumb

Just bought an RAC dash cam. I'll post up some details/pics/review when I've used it a bit if anyone is interested. Just thought it worth doing in case of an accident, and I've been watching the program on ITV and now think they are priceless if there is any disputes. Also you get £30 off your insurance if you have this model and are insured by RAC.

Just bought an RAC dash cam. I'll post up some details/pics/review when I've used it a bit if anyone is interested. Just thought it worth doing in case of an accident, and I've been watching the program on ITV and now think they are priceless if there is any disputes. Also you get £30 off your insurance if you have this model and are insured by RAC.
Do share the link. I have been looking at dash cams this week, too, oddly enough. Mine was prompted by a crazy video of opportunists in China that I saw on Facebook. Shocking!

Do share the link. I have been looking at dash cams this week, too, oddly enough. Mine was prompted by a crazy video of opportunists in China that I saw on Facebook. Shocking!

Well I've seen it all now. Thing is without that evidence that could have ended up with the driver doing time in prison (obviously worst case). Glad I have got it now, just need to make it look neat and tidy. Although on the RAC shop site I have seen you could pay £70 for a tech. To give it a supply but this service may not appeal to all.
http://www.racshop.co.uk/mobileshop/mobileproduct/rac05-dash-cam-super-hd.html?catId=5917

Last edited:
It is a good one, that one! People get so angry over such silly things!
I know, it does seem to escalate very quickly doesn't it. I'm sure there is a moral to that story!? Probably keep calm, don't scream and shout at people, admit when you are wrong and get on with your day or the pavement might teach you a lesson! :rolleyes:

Hi Borris thanks.
The exterior package was fog lights with cornering function, mat black wing mirror covers and something else which I can't remember at the mo (I'll dig out my paperwork later on for it).
Lights and vision was auto lights, upgrade to h7 halogens (standard is h4) and auto wipers.
Hi, I've just ordered a white beach, I wanted fog lights fitted, but the dealer told me that the exterior package was only colour coding door handles/mirrors. So I've had to order "front fog lamps with cornering lights".
Could someone shed some light on this as my option price is MAX'd out.

Hi, I've just ordered a white beach, I wanted fog lights fitted, but the dealer told me that the exterior package was only colour coding door handles/mirrors. So I've had to order "front fog lamps with cornering lights".
Could someone shed some light on this as my option price is MAX'd out.
Hi Richy, sounds very nice if you have Max'd out the options! I ordered mine using the sept. Price list and you will be using the Nov. Price list so maybe these options have changed? I know the upgraded alternator was taken off as it is a 180 as standard as of Nov.
VW do work in a very strange manner as when I ordered colour coded wing mirrors were standard and I had to buy a package to change them to a ugly Matt black finish?? Also my door handles are colour coded as standard too?
What price is the exterior package now? As iirc the price I paid would have been a rip off just for a bit of colour coding!

Last edited:
Hi Richy, sounds very nice if you have Max'd out the options! I ordered mine using the sept. Price list and you will be using the Dec. Price list so maybe these options have changed? I know the upgraded alternator was taken off as it is a 180 as standard as of Dec.
VW do work in a very strange manner as when I ordered colour coded wing mirrors were standard and I had to buy a package to change them to a ugly Matt black finish?? Also my door handles are colour coded as standard too?
What price is the exterior package now? As iirc the price I paid would have been a rip off just for a bit of colour coding!
Just checked my exterior package price was £320 + VAT so a bit steep for a bit of paint!

Just checked my exterior package price was £320 + VAT so a bit steep for a bit of paint!
Yes, that's what I was thinking.
I've still got a week to tweet my options and I've just noticed that I've not added cruise control , I thought that would have been at least standard on a camper/tourer !!!!

Yes, that's what I was thinking.
I've still got a week to tweet my options and I've just noticed that I've not added cruise control , I thought that would have been at least standard on a camper/tourer !!!!
I would definitely check the contents of the exterior package as I've just checked the new price list and it's the same, so colour coded mirrors/door handles and fog lights with cornering function would be £585 + VAT according to your dealer!? I don't know what your option limit is but my options were over 4K including service plan and I could have kept going if I held the draw string to the purse. :( Are you going for the mfsw? If you are and you spec the cruise control it will be on there and not on a stalk. Good luck with the ordering process, it ain't easy! :thumb

I would definitely check the contents of the exterior package as I've just checked the new price list and it's the same, so colour coded mirrors/door handles and fog lights with cornering function would be £585 + VAT according to your dealer!? I don't know what your option limit is but my options were over 4K including service plan and I could have kept going if I held the draw string to the purse. :( Are you going for the mfsw? If you are and you spec the cruise control it will be on there and not on a stalk. Good luck with the ordering process, it ain't easy! :thumb

Back