Cali Ocean 6.1 Hook-Up Not Working

• Thread starter Renaissance-Man
  • Start date
Renaissance-Man

Renaissance-Man

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hey folks,
Back from a weekend away in the Cali in the Midlands (went to the Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show) and tried using the hook-up for the first time to test it out. Glad I did as it seems to not be working.

The fuses in the cupboard are 'on' (red) and have tried with two different cables (mate was there in his van), but no power seems to be coming in as the light on the control panel is not coming on.

Van is booked in at the stealers but not until 28 March - does anyone have any ideas of anything I may have missed in the meantime? Are there other fuses for the hook up?

I have one of Roger's solar panels installed (I installed it) and wondered if in installing I may have dislodged a wire... Seems unlikely but possible I suppose.

My Ocean was brand new in November and this is the second electrical fault it is going back for - annoying!

Hey folks,
Back from a weekend away in the Cali in the Midlands (went to the Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show) and tried using the hook-up for the first time to test it out. Glad I did as it seems to not be working.

The fuses in the cupboard are 'on' (red) and have tried with two different cables (mate was there in his van), but no power seems to be coming in as the light on the control panel is not coming on.

Van is booked in at the stealers but not until 28 March - does anyone have any ideas of anything I may have missed in the meantime? Are there other fuses for the hook up?

I have one of Roger's solar panels installed (I installed it) and wondered if in installing I may have dislodged a wire... Seems unlikely but possible I suppose.

My Ocean was brand new in November and this is the second electrical fault it is going back for - annoying!
1. When plugged into the Mains, do you have Mains power to the socket on the end of the kitchen unit?
2. If the kitchen socket is working, then the mains lead to the Battery Charger is probably unplugged, or not fully engaged.

Battery Charger is installed above the rear leisure battery.
The mains lead is like a kettle lead plugged in on the L side of the charger. Check it is fully engaged. They can often be loose from the factory.

1. When plugged into the Mains, do you have Mains power to the socket on the end of the kitchen unit?
2. If the kitchen socket is working, then the mains lead to the Battery Charger is probably unplugged, or not fully engaged.

The mains lead is like a kettle lead plugged in on the L side of the charger. Check it is fully engaged. They can often be loose from the factory.
That's very helpful - thank you. I shall plug back in tomorrow and check this to further narrow things down.
I shall report back...

That's very helpful - thank you. I shall plug back in tomorrow and check this to further narrow things down.
I shall report back...

WelshGas saved the day - thank you! The cable on the charger was loose and as soon as I pushed it in the hook up works. Very grateful to not have to drive the the dealer for them to scratch their head for days trying to figure it out.
Stupid design that it can come loose that easily..

Back