Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bosch super plus blades.

I would stick with Bosch Aerotwin, generally considered best in class.

On a separate note, how often do people change their wiperblades? I have not changed mine in 3 years. When I put gummi pfledge on all rubber parts, some goes on to the wiper blades as well.

With rainX in the washer added, never had any issues with changing the wiper blades.

On a separate note, how often do people change their wiperblades? I have not changed mine in 3 years. When I put gummi pfledge on all rubber parts, some goes on to the wiper blades as well.

With rainX in the washer added, never had any issues with changing the wiper blades.
It’s just that they are 6 years old and not the quietest when clearing the screen. I can get a pair of Genuine VW blades for £39 or Bosch super plus for around half that so was just wondering if anyone had actually tried the Bosch Super plus.

Good question @kurienp I hardly ever use mine, I treated my
screen with this - https://www.duxback.co.uk/#about

and if you drive fast enough when its raining, you dont use
the wipers too much.
Saving the rubber, saving the wiper motor, saving electric,
saving the Planet man.
That’s got to be the best I ever heard....Next time I’m on the motorway and it’s wazzing down I will put the pedal to the metal and without wipers on and when plod stops me I will say someone from a camper forum said it’s the way it should be done. And when the Magistrate bans me I will tell him he’s an idiot and knows nothing.. Thanks for the tip....

Where did I say it's the way? Could you highlight it please?

Thought not....
Obviously never rains in Germany.... let’s stick to using wipers instead of spraying silicone on the windscreen .....

That’s got to be the best I ever heard....Next time I’m on the motorway and it’s wazzing down I will put the pedal to the metal and without wipers on and when plod stops me I will say someone from a camper forum said it’s the way it should be done. And when the Magistrate bans me I will tell him he’s an idiot and knows nothing.. Thanks for the tip....
We have used Rain-x for years. Just apply to a clean windscreen, let it dry & then wipe any residue with a paper towel; You don’t need to use the wipers at all when travelling at speed even in heavy rain. Rain just beads off. They now also do a premixed screen wash that contains rainex thats usually on special offer at Halfords.

Also works great on cars that don’t have a rear wiper (ie - Audi TT).

Try it!

- edit, do not use the premixed washer fluid product from Rain X as likely to cause issues with washer level sensor! -

Last edited:
We have used Rain-x for years. Just apply to a clean windscreen, let it dry & then wipe any residue with a paper towel; You don’t need to use the wipers at all when travelling at speed even in heavy rain. Rain just beads off. They now also do a premixed screen wash that contains rainex thats usually on special offer at Halfords.

Also works great on cars that don’t have a rear wiper (ie - Audi TT).

Try it!
I Can confirm it works as described after using it succesfully for 10 years in the past. very economical in use. Surprised to read in cali manual not to use it. Happy with bosch aero twins for now, need only new pair every 2 or 3 years.

I Can confirm it works as described after using it succesfully for 10 years in the past. very economical in use. Surprised to read in cali manual not to use it. Happy with bosch aero twins for now, need only new pair every 2 or 3 years.
Ah ok - Just googled it , apparently it messes with the washer fluid sensor used by VAG.
The original wipe on windscreen fluid can still be used with no issues.

Back