Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Bolsover (Coincident with VW Shop Open Day) 9-11 Nov 2018

Is there an agreed other campsite then as would be nice to be with other Cali's and if not too far we can get a taxi down to the brewery?

Is there an agreed other campsite then as would be nice to be with other Cali's and if not too far we can get a taxi down to the brewery?
Did you see my post #70 above? It's quite handy and there is now another member looking too. Its about 15 mins by car to the Brewery and 25 to the shop from memory.

we are only coming for saturday night now but they said they are fully booked:sad
Will you come to the brewery? It would be nice to meet after all this time!

Do we need to add our names for the brewery tour or do we just turn up?

Do we need to add our names for the brewery tour or do we just turn up?
The brewery visit is not really a "tour" its an excuse to have a natter with like minded folks and a few beers! The bar is situated on the "First Floor" and tables and chairs/seats are in the brew house its self. Don't forget it is only a micro brewery and is only open on the Saturday night exclusively for the Cali Club.
Do you need to register? No. Do you just turn up? Basically yes! You can either walk or get a cab or drive yourselves there. Have you seen my post - https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...en-day-9-11-nov-2018.24248/page-3#post-313753 advising early booking of Taxis.
Hope this helps.
See you in just under a couple of weeks.
Rik & Terri.

Hi everyone,

Due to a recent back injury I am not able to travel far or sleep in the Cali, though my wife and I are hoping to come to the club shop open morning.

We have a pitch booked for Saturday night only and, as I know the site is fully booked, if anyone would like our pitch, then please PM me

Charles

https://caliventures364847572.wordpress.com/

We also tried to book and told now full :sorry

Is it worth having an overflow at another site ?
You still looking for a place? See most recent post - #82

The brewery visit is not really a "tour" its an excuse to have a natter with like minded folks and a few beers! The bar is situated on the "First Floor" and tables and chairs/seats are in the brew house its self. Don't forget it is only a micro brewery and is only open on the Saturday night exclusively for the Cali Club.
Do you need to register? No. Do you just turn up? Basically yes! You can either walk or get a cab or drive yourselves there. Have you seen my post - https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...en-day-9-11-nov-2018.24248/page-3#post-313753 advising early booking of Taxis.
Hope this helps.
See you in just under a couple of weeks.
Rik & Terri.
Thanks For the info Rick & Terri. See you Friday.

Are children allowed on the brewery tour?

Are children allowed on the brewery tour?
Ben, that’s fine, but I do need to play down expectation! “Tour” is probably a slight exaggeration. The bar is in the brew house on a mezzanine floor with chairs. In the brew house production floor there are tresel tables. All very cozy but a great place for a natter, catching up and swapping ideas and experiences.
Are you booked into Tall Trees? If you let me have your partners first name I will see if I can get an ID badge made for your Cali in time. It’s just a way of knowing who’s who when we all walk by others Calis. An ice breaker if you like.
See you on Friday.

I was too late in booking so looking for another site nearby, would anyone else like to share a taxi or minibus?

I was too late in booking so looking for another site nearby, would anyone else like to share a taxi or minibus?
I did think about a minibus but numbers are not certain at Tall Trees and there could be upto 40 plus of us wanting to arrive/leave at differing times so I figured it was too complex to arrange. And then organising payment?

If you all think different let me know and I will see what I can do.
Say collect at 19:15 from Tall Trees to the Brewery and back again at 23:00hrs splitting to cost between all. Any thoughts?

I think we can manage a 13 minute walk there!

Although, it will probably take 26 minutes to stagger back ...... :D

I think we can manage a 13 minute walk there!

Although, it will probably take 26 minutes to stagger back ...... :D
I should say that this was my thinking but am happy to to try and accommodate folks needs/wants.

its not far to walk we did it last year but i suppose weather could be a problem as don't fancy getting really wet and soggy lol. Do they sell anything other than beer??? Not my tipple of choice.

its not far to walk we did it last year but i suppose weather could be a problem as don't fancy getting really wet and soggy lol. Do they sell anything other than beer??? Not my tipple of choice.

The wife (or the kids) are not beer drinkers either, will they have soft drinks as I assume we cant bring our own?

Weather forecast is a bit damp on Saturday night but a good big brolly should sort that out. Other drinks? I can't remember but expect an answer from the brewery soon. Will advise.
Rik

I realise most of you have RSVP'd on this thread but we would ask that if you are coming down to the meet on Saturday morning, please also RSVP here as well so we know how many are coming

Thanks

I did think about a minibus but numbers are not certain at Tall Trees and there could be upto 40 plus of us wanting to arrive/leave at differing times so I figured it was too complex to arrange. And then organising payment?

If you all think different let me know and I will see what I can do.
Say collect at 19:15 from Tall Trees to the Brewery and back again at 23:00hrs splitting to cost between all. Any thoughts?
would share a taxi or whatever Jane and Derek