Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

best kitchen shelf

Hi, did you manage to get the VAT refunded?
Well yes they did eventually agree to deduct the German VAT and were going to send me an invoice less it. But the same as answering emails they seem to take some time...So have gone another route as we are allowed up to £135 without Customs charges......LOL

Look what arrived today

View attachment 111911
OOOOH Ive ordered one of those (Just the !) a few weeks back but they said they were on back order....should really assist with Tea & Coffee provision accessibility ...we just thought we would do one at a time...did you get an email notification that it was on its way or just arrived??

OOOOH Ive ordered one of those (Just the !) a few weeks back but they said they were on back order....should really assist with Tea & Coffee provision accessibility ...we just thought we would do one at a time...did you get an email notification that it was on its way or just arrived??
No they did say they were on back order to me but I think this is just when we the British order them, so I went in another direction asking a friend in Germany to order them...Surprise surprise they were delivered to him in less than 3 weeks....
If you do order from them ask for the VAT to be deducted as you will be charged UK VAT when the arrive here and you should not be paying it twice..

No they did say they were on back order to me but I think this is just when we the British order them, so I went in another direction asking a friend in Germany to order them...Surprise surprise they were delivered to him in less than 3 weeks....
If you do order from them ask for the VAT to be deducted as you will be charged UK VAT when the arrive here and you should not be paying it twice..
Thanks for advice , but easier said than done, i think...I wondered why everything was on back order except for a hat! :) If I do end up paying German VAT and then again in customs, is there a way I can claim the German VAT back through HMRC? Bloody Brexit! :)

Some nice kit...I like their second side bench draw too :)

Thanks for advice , but easier said than done, i think...I wondered why everything was on back order except for a hat! :) If I do end up paying German VAT and then again in customs, is there a way I can claim the German VAT back through HMRC? Bloody Brexit! :)
You can try but what should happen is any company in the EU should register with UK HMRC so that they can send the UK gov the vat they charge us at the UK rate, speaking to some people in Germany they have decided that not sending stuff to us or us being double charged is easier ...

Your wish is my command LOL and yes that is my cups hanging under the shelf

View attachment 111981

View attachment 111982

View attachment 111983

View attachment 111984

Nice set up! I use magnetic hooks under mine for cups and I also bought the kitchen roll holder. Neither stay on for long though but TBF I do go off road a fair bit. So they tend to stay in the bench drawer and then hung when at camp. Making tea/coffee with the bottom bed deployed is now a piece of cake!

Did you attach magnets to your mugs or did they come with them built in like the Silwy ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice set up! I use magnetic hooks under mine for cups and I also bought the kitchen roll holder. Neither stay on for long though but TBF I do go off road a fair bit. So they tend to stay in the bench drawer and then hung when at camp. Making tea/coffee with the bottom bed deployed is now a piece of cake!

Did you attach magnets to your mugs or did they come with them built in like the Silwy ones?

So I went on to Ali express and got some magnets and glued them to the bottoms of the mugs and some drinking glasses. I have been out driving most of today and they stay put LOL. but will normally go in the shelf.

So I went on to Ali express and got some magnets and glued them to the bottoms of the mugs and some drinking glasses. I have been out driving most of today and they stay put LOL. but will normally go in the shelf.
The Silwy ones are crazy prices

I can't find the kitchen shelf I had in mind. It's higher than https://shop.vwcamper.de/moebelzubehoer/303/cali-bord-ii-kuechenregal, has an elastic unlike https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-california-perspex-kitchen-shelf-in-light-grey, so you can see what's on it and take sth easily. It was not https://www.campervanshop.eu/camper-interieur/opbergen/goot-boven-keuken/ either, but that could be my number two. Who knows which one I'm overlooking?
looking for this?
1690486591736.png

You can try but what should happen is any company in the EU should register with UK HMRC so that they can send the UK gov the vat they charge us at the UK rate, speaking to some people in Germany they have decided that not sending stuff to us or us being double charged is easier ...
Not just Germany!!

Hello GG. I am looking for a kitchen shelf. I emailed Van Hackers in Germany but they won't ship to the UK. Do you still use your Calicap shelf please? Happy with it? Thanks in adavnce.
We do use it. We have some low profile plastic storage boxes from Dunelm on it permanently and sometimes put other things on it when the top bed is pushed up. Is it really useful? Maybe not. You also have to be very careful not to leave anything high profile on it when pulling the top bed down!
I am considering fitting some hooks to the underside to hang stuff from I.e. cups.

yeah thats what i found :(

I ordered from them several times, the last was in November and all seemed well. Shame as they have a great range of products and had just started shipping to UK VAT free so you don’t double pay taxes.

Pity, I've been eyeing them for a while. Not cheap, but possibly the most useful option to make best use of that space.