Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best California pitch at Malvern Campsite

18ME

18ME

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
We’re just about to do our first night in the new Cali and looking at booking Malvern or possibly Lucksall and wandering which pitch or pitches would be a good pitch to try the new van for the first time.
Anyone been to either of these campsites?

About 20 sites near Malvern so you might need to be more specific.

About 20 sites near Malvern so you might need to be more specific.
Oops sorry. I was only looking at CAMC sites so the Malvern Hills Club Campsite. The other one I was looking at is Lucksall Holiday Park, Hereford.

Oops sorry. I was only looking at CAMC sites so the Malvern Hills Club Campsite. The other one I was looking at is Lucksall Holiday Park, Hereford.
Stay on the high ground of the site, the lower element of the site can flood and we have had bookings cancelled in the past when the flooding has been bad, but even when wet the lower pitches tend to have lots of puddles as do the roads. There is lots of choice and it really depends what you are after, the facilities can end up a reasonable distance, away with some of the pitches around the boundaries compared to some sites so just be aware,

Stay on the high ground of the site, the lower element of the site can flood and we have had bookings cancelled in the past when the flooding has been bad, but even when wet the lower pitches tend to have lots of puddles as do the roads. There is lots of choice and it really depends what you are after, the facilities can end up a reasonable distance, away with some of the pitches around the boundaries compared to some sites so just be aware,
Thank you for the info. I think I might leave Malvern for another time then as we’ve had a lot of rain lately so could very well be a bit soggy there. Probably book Lucksall, although at over £40 a night not cheap but it does look nice.

Thank you for the info. I think I might leave Malvern for another time then as we’ve had a lot of rain lately so could very well be a bit soggy there. Probably book Lucksall, although at over £40 a night not cheap but it does look nice.
CAMC Malvern is comfortable and v large. There’s C&C site next door - slightly less appointed. Both are a reasonable walk from Malvern itself.

Iv just book broadway after searching it on YouTube. Looks like a really nice site and lots of pubs in walking distance. The CAMC sites you pick your own pitch so I’d personally try and get a end one so your awning side isn’t facing next doors awning side.

Iv just book broadway after searching it on YouTube. Looks like a really nice site and lots of pubs in walking distance. The CAMC sites you pick your own pitch so I’d personally try and get an end one so your awning side isn’t facing next doors awning side.
They usually let your turn your van around if you ask so that your door corresponds with uk side vehicles in your row.

Iv just book broadway after searching it on YouTube. Looks like a really nice site and lots of pubs in walking distance. The CAMC sites you pick your own pitch so I’d personally try and get a end one so your awning side isn’t facing next doors awning side.
Broadway is a bit too close to home as I have a shop on the high street (Broadway Cookshop), so please pop in and spend lots of money when you visit ;)

Didn’t realise you could pick your own pitch on CAMC sites. I’m not 100% sure what you mean by trying to get an end pitch so as not to face next doors awning, can you not either reverse in or drive in so that the Cali door is facing away from next doors awning?