Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Back of Beyond 8/9 November 2024

GillianC

GillianC

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Following the success of the meet at the Back of Beyond near Ringwood this year I have agreed with the site that we hold another one on the weekend of 9/10th November 2024. This time of year suits them best because they are less busy. This an adults only site and is a member of the Tranquil Parks group. The facilities are excellent and the Blue Tides are playing again in the bar that weekend. There are lovely walks (albeit a bit muddy this year!) and a wooded area where you can let dogs off-lead.
This is an unofficial gathering so everyone should book their pitch directly with the site and put in the request box that you are with the California Club. Please also make sure that you book a hardstanding pitch as the astroturf and grass are likely to be waterlogged.
A well-stocked shop, freshly baked pastries for breakfast and visiting food vans (Thai, pizza and fish and chips) add to the enjoyment!
If you could post here when you have booked please I can keep a tally of numbers.
See you there!

Gillian

I totally understand but how about coming to Red Shoot in April? That is family friendly.
Same as Amarillo for us. Red Shoot sounds interesting though. Got any details/link available?

Same as Amarillo for us. Red Shoot sounds interesting though. Got any details/link available?
It’s on the forum under Random Meets.
Hopefully this link will work

Following the success of the meet at the Back of Beyond near Ringwood this year I have agreed with the site that we hold another one on the weekend of 9/10th November 2024. This time of year suits them best because they are less busy. This an adults only site and is a member of the Tranquil Parks group. The facilities are excellent and the Blue Tides are playing again in the bar that weekend. There are lovely walks (albeit a bit muddy this year!) and a wooded area where you can let dogs off-lead.
This is an unofficial gathering so everyone should book their pitch directly with the site and put in the request box that you are with the California Club. Please also make sure that you book a hardstanding pitch as the astroturf and grass are likely to be waterlogged.
A well-stocked shop, freshly baked pastries for breakfast and visiting food vans (Thai, pizza and fish and chips) add to the enjoyment!
If you could post here when you have booked please I can keep a tally of numbers.
See you there!

Gillian
Just booked

We would like to go again. @GillianC is it definitely Sat 9th and Sun 10th this time as last year it was Fri/Sat night?

See you there!

Gillian
Booked

Excellent! Look forward to seeing you there.

Been toying with this for a while and tonight she who must be obeyed has said ‘yes’ so we are in.
Looking forward to a chilled couple of evenings in lovely Dorset with equally chilled company.
Thanks for organising this Gillian.

Excellent. You will really enjoy it I’m sure
Been toying with this for a while and tonight she who must be obeyed has said ‘yes’ so we are in.
Looking forward to a chilled couple of evenings in lovely Dorset with equally chilled company.
Thanks for organising this Gillian.