Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning fixing kit

R

ROBERT62

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi everyone
Just purchased a drive away awning and now need the fixing kit. Problem I have is, the chap who sold me the awning has told me that the fixing I require is a 3 metre wide fixing and that I will need to cut it to size.We have a factory fitted awning which is 2.7 metres wide. Is this correct? Do I need to cut to size or is there something else out there.We resendly purchased our cali Betty so weather to cold to go and test out any advise would be appreciated.

Hi everyone
Just purchased a drive away awning and now need the fixing kit. Problem I have is, the chap who sold me the awning has told me that the fixing I require is a 3 metre wide fixing and that I will need to cut it to size.We have a factory fitted awning which is 2.7 metres wide. Is this correct? Do I need to cut to size or is there something else out there.We resendly purchased our cali Betty so weather to cold to go and test out any advise would be appreciated.
It's normal. Just cut it to size.

When you say it is normal seems odd, why cant you purchase a fitting kit that's fits.There are thousands of calafornias that are normal, why purchase a kit that does not fit? Strange

When you say it is normal seems odd, why cant you purchase a fitting kit that's fits.There are thousands of calafornias that are normal, why purchase a kit that does not fit? Strange
The awning you purchased fits any vehicle that has the necessary awning connection. You can get the connection directly on the vehicle, but yours is beneath the wind out awning front flap. So to cover all eventualities they sell a standard length awning kit that you cut to your particular requirements. There are a lot more non-California Campervans.

Don't bother with the kador strip.nget 3 figure 8s and clip them to the TOP of the awning flap. This is better and gives more clearance for the sliding door.

Back