Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any way to stop the aircon coming on automatically

Mike1973

Mike1973

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
First thing I do every time I start the engine is reach over and turn off the aircon/heating by turning the knob on the right (auto/econ) all the way anti-clockwise. Every. Single. Time. It is SO annoying! The aircon works just fine ... but 99% of the time I don't want to use it. Is there any way to make it not come on automatically?

WIN_20210827_12_51_13_Pro.jpg

The Econ is normally a button. Once pressed it should illuminate and then the aircon is off, and dial can still be used to adjust temp.

Pressing Auto will reactivate the aircon.

Hi,
I find the aircon on my 2015 T5 comes on automatically when the heater is set to demist the wiindscreen. It does not come on automatically if the air is blowing into the cab. I assume that it is designed to do this.

Hi,
I find the aircon on my 2015 T5 comes on automatically when the heater is set to demist the wiindscreen. It does not come on automatically if the air is blowing into the cab. I assume that it is designed to do this.
The Aircon, drys/dehumidifies the air. Better for clearing screen.

I dont seem to ever need the windscreen demisting. As far a I can tell its the air for the cab that comes on automatically when I start the engine. Usually at 4/5 bars fan strength. It isnt needed so I turn it off evert time. If I want to be cooler I roll down a window and if I want to be warmer.... well the truth is I never really use the van in winter! The only time I ever use the thing is if it's hot and I am stuck in traffic. Then I turn it on and its great. So basically I turn it off at the start of every journey I make and once in a blue moon I turn it on if its hot and I stuck in traffic.

That's why I wish it was off by default

M

Back