Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any new mini oven discoveries?

Thanks a million for working through my hypothetical example.

How does the Bluetti compare spec wise to an EF D2? The one I bought uses LiFePO4 cells.

I snapped up a reconditioned unit from EF’s eBay store as eBay were offering an extra £75 off tech purchases.

I think delivered including 2 year warranty it cost £525, which seemed pretty reasonable. As a result I didn’t research alternatives.

Re induction pans, I have a set for home, but they are heavy, so I wouldn’t replicate for the road. Are there decent induction pans that would suit van life?

I believe the Ridgemonkey pans I was asking about on another thread aren’t induction compatible, so they would be on the gas burners.

I have always used Tefal ingenio induction. Easy to stack.

This has been a really useful thread, and now we've bought a remoska ! Very happy with what we've produced so far (jacket potatoes ), but we're still learning how to cook in it. So my question to all you remoska experts - if you're cooking a quiche or a lasagne do you put it directly into the remoska pan? Or into a baking tin/dish and then into the remoska? Thanks!

This has been a really useful thread, and now we've bought a remoska ! Very happy with what we've produced so far (jacket potatoes ), but we're still learning how to cook in it. So my question to all you remoska experts - if you're cooking a quiche or a lasagne do you put it directly into the remoska pan? Or into a baking tin/dish and then into the remoska? Thanks!
We dont have one but probably best to use a liner - baking paper or silicon - as easier to get the food out & clean. (Especially Quiche). Will also prevent scratching the non stick surface.

Could also create a seperation with tin foil if you are cooking more than one thing at the same time.

Reactions: AJQ

Did you get a grill with your remoska, something on legs that allows dual level cooking?

If I'm cooking a quiche or pie etc I turn the grill over so it lies flat on the bottom and put the quiche etc. on that. It's then easy to lift out using the upturned legs.

Did you get a grill with your remoska, something on legs that allows dual level cooking?

If I'm cooking a quiche or pie etc I turn the grill over so it lies flat on the bottom and put the quiche etc. on that. It's then easy to lift out using the upturned legs.
Thanks, we didn't get the grill thing too though that sounds like a handy trick!

Looking at adding this to the arsenal
Thought I'd come back with an update on the remoska we bought in January after reading all the useful words on this thread. It's brilliant! We've used it at home and in the van, to cook lasagne, quiche, lentil bake, homity pie, potatoes dauphinoise, roast potatoes, sweet potatoes, roast cauliflower, halloumi, and various fish recipes. It's cooked everything beautifully and is incredibly easy to clean afterwards, just one pot. Thanks to everyone who suggested it.

Remoska all the away I have the 2ltr one ,
great for the two of us so impressed have just bought the remoska tria 3-1 , just as impressed but bigger so I can even cook pizza in it . Use it at home and in the van. Reluctant to sell the small one as both have there uses ,
so I have choice of two only take one in the van at a time.