Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another New T6 4 motion Owner

JonoSlack

JonoSlack

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi everyone
We just bought a May 2018 150 from VW with 640 miles on the clock. belatedly discovered ourselves to be victims of “SwivelGate” but we’re still loving it, and will decide whether to make them swivel later.

It’s our first ever camper van, and we’re extremely excited, Spent the first night in it last night. What fun!

Worth mentioning that the forum has already been useful in that we we’re suffering from the 10 minute kitchen flash, and a bit of research shewed is that we needed to change it to camping mode688004D6-1490-471B-B420-604D8525505D.jpeg

PS
It’s an Ocean, Emma and I (and Matty the dog) will be using it around East Anglia in the Uk (we live near Diss) also in Cornwall and hopefully around Europe if we’re allowed out!

I too have a black 4Motion.
Enjoy your new escape vehicle (when you can)

Lovely looking van - and what a lovely spot you've got to use it in :cheers

Welcome! I’m hoping to get to Norfolk at some point to visit god children... your van looks lovely.

Welcome! I’m hoping to get to Norfolk at some point to visit god children... your van looks lovely.
Thank you, getting it was all a bit helter skelter, but it seems fine. It’s obviously never been used before, but has been lying around doing nothing for a couple of years. I think we got a cracking deal (but I’m not quite certain!)

Thank you, getting it was all a bit helter skelter, but it seems fine. It’s obviously never been used before, but has been lying around doing nothing for a couple of years. I think we got a cracking deal (but I’m not quite certain!)
It is recommended in the manual to plug in the electric hook up once per month as the alternator doesn’t fully charge the leisure batteries with normal driving use. If the dealership have been doing this the batteries should be in good order. If they haven’t there is a possibility the batteries will not hold the same charge as when new. You should be able to run the fridge for at least 3 days without charging. It might be worth monitoring this and see how they are. There are a few threads on this forum about battery life.

It is recommended in the manual to plug in the electric hook up once per month as the alternator doesn’t fully charge the leisure batteries with normal driving use. If the dealership have been doing this the batteries should be in good order. If they haven’t there is a possibility the batteries will not hold the same charge as when new. You should be able to run the fridge for at least 3 days without charging. It might be worth monitoring this and see how they are. There are a few threads on this forum about battery life.
Thank you for that. they said that they checked that batteries and replaced one of them as it wasn’t up to scratch.

But I wasn’t aware that you needed to hook up once a month?

Thank you for that. they said that they checked that batteries and replaced one of them as it wasn’t up to scratch.

But I wasn’t aware that you needed to hook up once a month?
Page 50 (for my T6) in the California supplementary manual.
D558EC00-E394-4D3F-920B-4D14641C33CA.jpeg

Welcome on board JonoSlack.

I can faintly see the 4 Motion badge on the front grille. In which case, it is a 4Motion, but a 204/199 PS and not a 150 PS. :thumb So there you go. Now you have more power :cool:

4Motion in the UK comes only in the 199/204 PS configuration.

Enjoy! and Happy travels.

I can faintly see the 4 Motion badge on the front grille. In which case, it is a 4Motion, but a 204/199 PS and not a 150 PS. :thumb So there you go. Now you have more power :cool:

I have a 150 4Motion.

That’s really interesting as I was told it was a 150ps when I bought it ?

Interesting. Would that be an import from Ireland then? Not sure how that could have landed in the UK otherwise. AFAIK, the configurator does not have a 150 4MO option.
You are correct. I’m happy to say I got one of the last manual 4Motion California’s with a Diff Lock in 2017. It makes for a capable off trail go anywhere camper.
A9B507C6-B97D-41C7-9DF5-4BB9E00BB04B.jpeg

Hi
Thanks for that. Mine has a solar panel. I wonder if hooking up at home is necessary. Must investigate

Hi
Thanks for that. Mine has a solar panel. I wonder if hooking up at home is necessary. Must investigate
With a solar panel, your leisure battery will be fully topped up in the current weather so this will not be necessary.

Hi
I also have a solar panel and with the WRM Dual B MPPT controller, both the starter and the 2 X leisure batteries stay topped up. Never had to plug in so far/never have plugged in so far.

With the sunshine in the last few days, all batteries are now fully charged and in float mode now. In winter, may plan to plug in once in a while.

Hi everyone
We just bought a May 2018 150 from VW with 640 miles on the clock. belatedly discovered ourselves to be victims of “SwivelGate” but we’re still loving it, and will decide whether to make them swivel later.

It’s our first ever camper van, and we’re extremely excited, Spent the first night in it last night. What fun!

Worth mentioning that the forum has already been useful in that we we’re suffering from the 10 minute kitchen flash, and a bit of research shewed is that we needed to change it to camping modeView attachment 59461
What’s kitchen flash?

What’s kitchen flash?

I think that refers to the lights under the kitchen cabinet flashing intermittently due to some wiring fault or possibly a switch fault. I think a few people have had theirs fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back