Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Airbag warning light

• Thread starter California Dreamers
  • Start date
C

California Dreamers

Hi Guys, I’ve tried searching the forums but keep getting an ‘oops’ error message.
Our T5.5 California is showing an airbag warning light which came on after we’d spun the front seats. We’re sure this has happened before and that time we took it to a garage who said there was no problem with the airbag but to do with the wiring under the passenger seat.
Funnily enough the front seat gave a little groan as I spun it, bearing in mind this was the first spin since October last year, just wondering did I pull on something?
What should I be looking for underneath the seat?
Any insights will be much appreciated, currently in France

You must look for a yellow connector. Probably 2 or 3 pins.
Maybe you had something under the seat what grabbed the wires while spinning the seat?
The light won't go out untill you erase the fault codes. So, a trip to a VW-dealer, or a universal garage with the right diagnosis computer, or if you have a diagnosis software and OBD dongle.

Buy a Carista on Amazon for £40, can probably get it delivered to a campsite.

Reset the light, if it comes back on then you might have damaged the wire - if so should be able to reconnect / patch if you can see the break.

Maybe you had something under the seat what grabbed the wires while spinning the seat?
The light won't go out untill you erase the fault codes. So, a trip to a VW-dealer, or a universal garage with the right diagnosis computer, or if you have a diagnosis software and OBD dongle.
As triplebee says, but even if you reconnect the wires only garage can reset error.

Happens to ours regularly. You can reset with a Carista. A local garage will plug it in and do it for you cheaper than VW. Where are you?

Thank you, sorry for the late reply, been distracted moving around France. The hubby and I will take a look

As triplebee says, but even if you reconnect the wires only garage can reset error.
Cheers, we had this before and took it to a local garage at home to clear it. Will take a look under the seat now we know what we’re looking for, just to see if anything obvious.

Back