Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adding two more seats.

L

LincsTiger

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, we are waiting to pick up our first (new to us) 2017 Cali Beach. It has the 3 seat bench in the back and four floor rails. I am looking to buy two additional seats to use on the occasions when its used as a'Grandad taxi'.
The V5 currently states it has 5 seats.
I have two questions if anyone can enlighten me - is it just a case of updating the 5 seats to 7 seats via the V5?, and does it change the amount of road tax I will be paying?
Obviously I will notifing the insurance company.
many thanks

Hi all, we are waiting to pick up our first (new to us) 2017 Cali Beach. It has the 3 seat bench in the back and four floor rails. I am looking to buy two additional seats to use on the occasions when its used as a'Grandad taxi'.
The V5 currently states it has 5 seats.
I have two questions if anyone can enlighten me - is it just a case of updating the 5 seats to 7 seats via the V5?, and does it change the amount of road tax I will be paying?
Obviously I will notifing the insurance company.
many thanks
Just complete the changes section on your V5c. The Beach is rated for a maximum 7 seats. No charge by DVLA for the change. No increase in Road Tax. Insurance could increase but probably not.

Just complete the changes section on your V5c. The Beach is rated for a maximum 7 seats. No charge by DVLA for the change. No increase in Road Tax. Insurance could increase but probably not.
Thankyou WelshGas, I'll report back with how I get on over next couple of weeks.

Back