Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Acoustic liner for rear bench drawer

S

Stewart MCG

VIP Member
Hi folks, I checked the cost of fitting the liner kit to the drawer under the rear bed/bench seat and found it rather expensive, previously while converting a T5 I bought acoustic liner of ebay to line the van, you will need spray adhesive, I purchased this along with the liner from the same company unfortunately I have lost the suppliers details, Just measure the drawer base and uprights, cut to size, spray adhesive on liner, and fit to interior of drawer.If this has already been added to the forum forgive the duplication.

***thick mode***

What would that be for?

Something I might need to do is something similar to the top rear cupboard. The speakers (I have the Kenwood system) or cupboard tend to get a bit rattly when my choonz get a bit bassy.

I see - good plan! I might use the rest of my rubber matting for that. Or I have countless old wetsuits I can cut up! Just in case I want to do it properly, any links to the stuff you bought?!

that's what old carpet is for - or at least that's the case in our van

We lined the inside of our drawer with Homebase carpet tiles stuck on. Makes it nice and quiet. And I have just done the same thing to our lockable glove box which is just cheapo plastic. Makes all the difference.
David

Bought a 3 M roll of ribbed rubber matting on eBay last year for my VW T2 Bay window. Its the type of matting used for dogs in kennels etc. :D

I have used it on my Cali, in the draw, as a acoustic lining and it works well. It also works well on rear boot shelf for general every day use (with the foam bed cushion removed) when we are not camping. :thumb

Back