Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Zonesleep upstair toppers questions

HappyGus

HappyGus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi,

While sleeping on the top bed(what we prefer), I'm often having pain in the shoulder after a few hours(I sleep on the side).

We then decided to go for the "Sea To Summit Comfort Deluxe"(that normally is for the bottom bed).
One thing that we don't like is the "fluffy plastic" texture, and that it doesn't breath very well. So what we have done up until now is add the lower original comfort mattress" on top of it. And even it's not as comfortable as my home bed, it's night-saver for me.

It's a bit cumber some to have to take the mattress in the back to the roof every night and I'm wondering if I could manage to put a "zonesleep upstair topper" and leave it on the roof, since the deflated sea to summit mattress takes less space than the original mattress.

So a few questions:
1) Does anybody knows the thickness of the topper?
2) Does anybody have the same configuration?
3) Does it breath well?
4) Do you think using the topper instead of the bottom bed's "Comfort mattress" will decrease the comfort?

Also, bonus point:
5) Do you know the height of the mattress? I've a T6.1 and I know the top mattress is a bit different. But I guess that since it's a topper, it should go to the bottom part anyway?

We swapped the standard foam mattress for a 75mm memory foam topper. But what stops me from shoulder ache when sleeping on my side (which I do to stop snoring!) is 2 very good pillows.

We swapped the standard foam mattress for a 75mm memory foam topper. But what stops me from shoulder ache when sleeping on my side (which I do to stop snoring!) is 2 very good pillows.
Why 2 pillow? I've only one, which is quite high/ferm(in foam) and already improves a lot my situation.

75mm memory foam topper? I guess there is no way you can still close the roof with that ;)

I have the Zonesleeper replacement mattress upstairs.
I don’t think it makes much difference to the standard mattress. If I’m honest.
As Loz states. I use two pillows, where as at home, I only need one.
Helps with shoulder ache having two…

I have the Zonesleeper replacement mattress upstairs.
I don’t think it makes much difference to the standard mattress. If I’m honest.
As Loz states. I use two pillows, where as at home, I only need one.
Helps with shoulder ache having two…
Yeah, I'm more interested for the topper(not the replacement) as I like the self-inflated mattress

Keeping an eye on this thread, simply because the pain in the shoulder sounds familair and I'm interested to know @soulstyledevon and @Loz use the two pillows.

We switched to Duvalay sleeping bags (with the memory foam base) and all pain in shoulders/hips etc is gone. They're a bit bulky to transport, but soooo comfy.

Yeah, I'm more interested for the topper(not the replacement) as I like the self-inflated mattress

Its an interesting idea. If S2S and zone sleeper topper both fit, once deflated. I imagine comfort would be improved.
I will keep an open on the thread, let us know how you get on :thumb

Why 2 pillow? I've only one, which is quite high/ferm(in foam) and already improves a lot my situation.

75mm memory foam topper? I guess there is no way you can still close the roof with that ;)
The bottom pillow is a firmish foam pillow to get the height the top pillow is a down pillow for comfort and to prevent the ‘dead ear’ from sleeping on the side.

the topper is instead of the factory pillow so roof shuts okay.

Are you possibly sleeping in a draught? I know that in my Victorian house, (which has similar thermal efficiency to a Poptop), frozen, painful shoulder in the morning is almost always from sleeping in a draught/cold patch. A stick-on heat pad (approx 6x4 inches) and worn overnight staves it off, normally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk