Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Your special meal?

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Tonight is a small, quiet celebration for me with just nearest and dearest.

It is my birthday but more importantly also an anniversary, 25 years to the day I landed in Charlottesville to begin a brilliant 5 years at the University of Virginia. To celebrate my birthday and to welcome me to the faculty I was taken to a typical American restaurant where I had the best ribs and fries ever plus a bottle of wine from Ridge wineries, one of my all time favourites.

Tonight it is of course Ribs, Fries, crunchy green salad, coleslaw on the side and 2012 Ridge geyserville in the glass.

Cheers! What would yours be?

It is my birthday but more importantly also an anniversary, 25 years to the day I landed in Charlottesville to begin a brilliant 5 years at the University of Virginia. To celebrate my birthday and to welcome me to the faculty I was taken to a typical American restaurant where I had the best ribs and fries ever plus a bottle of wine from Ridge wineries, one of my all time favourites.

Tonight it is of course Ribs, Fries, crunchy green salad, coleslaw on the side and 2012 Ridge geyserville in the glass.

Have a great evening

Paella with chicken (thigh) chorizo and sea food. On the menu tonight...

Enjoy yours!

Salmon with dijon mustard maple syrup sauce, black rice and salad of spinach leaves with peeled red grapefruit sections, avocado and snipped bits of candied ginger with home made fresh basil vinaigrette. 20 Rows Cabernet Sauvignon.

For 40 years it's been my "I remember I'm from California" birthday meal, whether in New York, Chicago, Mexico City for 10 years, and now Barcelona for 33 years. I do miss Geyserville from when as a young conservatory graduate I played with the Santa Rosa Symphony and went there for hot natural mud baths and my first glass of 20 Rows. Happy Birthday!

Salmon with dijon mustard maple syrup sauce, black rice and salad of spinach leaves with peeled red grapefruit sections, avocado and snipped bits of candied ginger with home made fresh basil vinaigrette. 20 Rows Cabernet Sauvignon.

For 40 years it's been my "I remember I'm from California" birthday meal, whether in New York, Chicago, Mexico City for 10 years, and now Barcelona for 33 years. I do miss Geyserville from when as a young conservatory graduate I played with the Santa Rosa Symphony and went there for hot natural mud baths and my first glass of 20 Rows. Happy Birthday!

20 rows, a lovely Napa winery!

Such a lovely place to be, to drive down the redwood highway from Astoria, then sat outside in Sonoma, enjoying local wine, before continuing to San Fran. A trip that glows in my memory.

20 rows, a lovely Napa winery!

Such a lovely place to be, to drive down the redwood highway from Astoria, then sat outside in Sonoma, enjoying local wine, before continuing to San Fran. A trip that glows in my memory.
I lived in Bolinas, on the Point Reyes peninsula. It was the most beautiful place in the world for me, until I discovered through family heritage that it was just a small reminder of the indescribable beauty of Scotland.

If you're interested:

All the best [mention]GrannyJen [/mention]
Enjoy your meal!

My fav is something fish/meat bbq, salad, grilled vegetables and some icecream. Drink: tap water, some juice or a some wine. Coffee.

All the best [mention]GrannyJen [/mention]
Enjoy your meal!

My fav is something fish/meat bbq, salad, grilled vegetables and some icecream. Drink: tap water, some juice or a some wine. Coffee.

Thank you Darling :)

Anything on a BBQ is good, well, for me it is!!

Back