Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Your first Album and do you still have it?

sidepod

sidepod

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I’m talking vinyl here not those daft coasters!

1974 aged 10. Still love it. Brighton Rock is outstanding.
Record is unmarked. Fabulous.

B2204345-D99A-41B7-BF8D-829423C9F064.jpeg

The Beatles "Please Please Me" March 1963. Sold as part of a job lot in about 1990 when vinyl and players had long gone out of fashion. I think it was bought as a joint effort with my wife, I've only owned about fifteen vinyl LPs ever.

Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M. - Simon and Garfunkel (Vinyl1964 in fantastic condition) Still great to listen to again and again.
But I also have a Buddy Holly single from 1957!! I vividly recall the day he died.

My first album was Dougal and the Magic Roundabout by the BBC. :) Thanks mum
The first album I bought was Diary of a Madman by Ozzy. The late guitarist was doing things on there that even yesterday, after forty years of playing, I can’t master.

7A256402-4CE0-45F3-875C-484897F17E83.jpeg

AFFBFC5B-3136-4EEC-8D7E-E90A633D11AF.png
Still got it amongst many other gems.
Nice to be able to stream them all now too.
Not quite the same but how jolly convenient.

Whilst I still have a vinyl collection, nothing to play them on. First album was Iron Maiden 1980, love the art work on their album sleeve.

The crossing - Big Country

Googling albums in ‘82 and ‘83, some absolute bangers.

The Tales of Beatrix Potter

b267988518316b6450943f8ee1b77d71.jpg

As it's a distant memory I think it was Madness, possibly One Step Beyond or Absolutely album. Still some of my favourite songs on those albums.
All still in plastic sleeves and in the loft. I have plenty of vinyl but with nothing to play them on

Whilst I still have a vinyl collection, nothing to play them on. First album was Iron Maiden 1980, love the art work on their album sleeve.

Pride and Joy

Have had the TT since my 20s
Gave away all my vinyl away in the 80s but spent a fortune buying back.

Can now afford decent equipment to do justice to the Linn equipment (The Fons deck started it all and a very expensive court case for Mr Linn)
And yes for anyone interested SME arm and Shure V15 MK111 cartridge

A15B890D-9442-42FE-892C-021A6ABF35CB.jpeg7E4896A1-182B-4854-BCF4-6F005C423CB2.jpeg
One of the best finds so far “A Hard Days Night” initial pressing £5 pristine.

59214068-ED07-43B1-A9A6-F6A01C0C5BDD.jpeg

First 3 albums all bought at same time in 1972 when still at art college:
Sticky Fingers - Stones;
No Secrets - Carly Simon;
Songs of Leonard Cohen
Played through a Sinclair amp, on a MacDonald turntable with homemade cabinet and Wharfedale kit speakers in home built chipboard cabinets.
My daughter still has the albums as I no longer have the kit.

Ok, if I remember everything correctly, this was my first self-purchased record: Prince and The Revolution

696BDF5B-E498-4212-8A3F-9D8FD8C532BB.png

56AFED19-BB24-484D-B13E-839EC6F99A71.jpeg

Really can’t remember my first album but this was an early purchase.

9A3CC6F0-7539-4B42-8C77-F9D7CCBCB01D.jpeg

First album I bought - Arrested Development - “3 Years, 5 Months and 2 Days in the Life Of...”.

And on cassette too. I missed vinyl, really, was given a Walkman (and a Shakin’ Stevens album) when I was six or something, and go grew up on tapes. Then got a CD player when I was 12 maybe, and a Guns N Roses CD…

fc9717bae9f3ca7b29bf8cf6322a9ed6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I benefited from having a brother 5 years older than me and a sister 10 years older (she used to babysit for Angie and David Bowie) and didn‘t need to buy anything until Adam and the Ants came to my primary school and we were hooked but had to wait until 1979 for Dirk wears white sox, conversely my first single was the same year the ants visited (‘77) and the saccharine ‘Don’t give up on us’ by David Soul

As it's a distant memory I think it was Madness, possibly One Step Beyond or Absolutely album. Still some of my favourite songs on those albums.
All still in plastic sleeves and in the loft. I have plenty of vinyl but with nothing to play them on
This breaks my heart (I'm not blaming you!!!!)

There must be soooooo many good records, in my eyes anyway, just stuck in lofts.

Get yourself a cheap TT, there are good USB ones for about £80, just don't get the ones with the built in speaker!

I have over 250 vinyl albums, 80% mine and the rest left at home by our 5 children.
Must get a decent deck to play them on, hopefully using our Sonos sound system. I believe I've got all mine as mp3 tracks as well.
First one was Go Now by the Moody Blues and I've got all their albums.

Go_Now-_The_Moody_Blues.jpeg

My first album purchase was Yes - Relayer in 1975.

7F7E8025-31F4-4A5C-85DB-49AF5F399CE5.jpeg

Still one of the best album covers I own. I sold all my vinyl about 40 years ago, replaced by cassettes and then CD’s, then ITunes. I still have the CD and the digital version and I do still play it quite often.

I saw them in concert for the 4th time last summer. Still going strong despite Steve Howe now being 75 years old, though missing quite a few of the original members or those of the classic line up - Anderson, Squire, Wakeman, Howe and Bruford/White, some of whom are sadly no longer with us.

My first album purchase was Yes - Relayer in 1975.

View attachment 101446

Still one of the best album covers I own. I sold all my vinyl about 40 years ago, replaced by cassettes and then CD’s, then ITunes. I still have the CD and the digital version and I do still play it quite often.
I was a huge YES fan @Magic Bus . Saw them live a couple of times in the early ‘70s, once at the old Wembley Stadium and once at the Stoke City FC ground. They performed Tales from Topographic Oceans at both those gigs but the Stoke concert was cut short due to rain. Had all their albums. Great memories. :)

Back