Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Your best lockdown moment

V

Vagophile

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Armed car jackings were prevalent
I read that there was a good market for horizontal flame throwers that attached to each side of a car.

Edit: sorry, I seem to be getting well of topic with everything today, feel free to censure.

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I read that there was a good market for horizontal flame throwers that attached to each side of a car.

Edit: sorry, I seem to be getting well of topic with everything today, feel free to censure.

No need. This is a topic free zone. I too have fallen foul and been censored so now with the troops :)

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Armed car jackings were prevalent (smart cars were known wryly as "mobile ATMs") and the advice if stopped at a junction was to leave the engine running, keep your hands where they could be seen, ask permission before reaching down to undo your seatbelt, very calmly and carefully exit the vehicle and be grateful you'd escaped intact.

Persuading my Mrs that it was the gone thing in the uk to actually stop at a red light after dark took some doing.

Even the townhouse he has in Durban in a gated community has steel grilles on all doors & windows & most importantly one half way along the landing upstairs, Thats specifically so you can get a clear shot at any intruder.

V

Vagophile

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Joining this forum.
I have had hours of entertainment just following some of the (less technical) threads, as well as being informed about all things California.
I have a mental picture of the posters; of course, I have no idea if my picture corresponds with the actuality as the only photos that I have seen are Granny Jen and Amarillo.

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Joining this forum.
I have had hours of entertainment just following some of the (less technical) threads, as well as being informed about all things California.
I have a mental picture of the posters; of course, I have no idea if my picture corresponds with the actuality as the only photos that I have seen are Granny Jen and Amarillo.

Oh don't take any notice of my pics :shocked

I normally steal them off one of those dubious websites

kurienp

kurienp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Joining this forum.
Try sketching them and posting on here. Should be good fun

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

VW California Club