year round camping

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
anyone know any camping sites open year round. good for walking and pubs. prefer Yorkshire dales. Northumberland or the lake district or peak district? I've had a search online and coming up blank. preferably NOT a caravan and motorhome club site. cheers in advance for any info

We stayed at the National Trust's campsite at Great Langdale in the Lake District several weeks ago. It is open all year with fantastic walking from the site. As well as the normal facilities, it has a wonderful drying room. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/great-langdale-campsite Short walk to the Sticklebarn for beer and food.
PS Although it only has a few powered sites, you can also camp without hookup.

Cheers. uncanny I was at that very site just last week. good site. great location. they just dismantled all their yurts while we were there. now you mention it I might head back there.the old dungeon ghyll did good snap too. beer was a bit rubbish in there though. liked the stickle barn. wainwright's on tap

Wasdale national trust site is also open all year

So is Sykeside, Patterdale (independent)

The Croft in Hawkshead in the Lake District is a nice site, open all year round for hard standing pitches, your straight into Hawkshead which has 4 good pubs, lots of good walking from site, tarns how, wray castle etc depending on the time of year you can walk to wray castle and then get the boat across to Ambleside for a pint, the drunken duck is a nice place to stop if you go over via tarns how. Good facilities on site and not badly priced, recommend booking as in busy times it gets full very quick, not sure if you can just turn up so I would make a call before hand

I can vouch for Sykeside in Patterdale as we were there on Thursday night. The Brotherswater Inn is on the site, toilets etc were clean and tidy and you are in the middle of the mountains. The road from Patterdale goes past the pub/site and up to Kirkston Pass with Ambleside down the other side. I wanted to stay in Langdale but the site was full and i am glad we tried this one, will definitely go back.

Incidentally...

We were eating at the Kirkstone pass Inn a few weeks ago. A big white owner had also been eating there and asked the landlord if it was OK to overnight in the car park. The landlord said he had no objections. (Obviously need confirm on a case by case basis.)

anyone know any camping sites open year round. good for walking and pubs. prefer Yorkshire dales. Northumberland or the lake district or peak district? I've had a search online and coming up blank. preferably NOT a caravan and motorhome club site. cheers in advance for any info

We like The Quiet Site, overlooking Ullswater. Open all year round, really friendly staff and great facilities; laid back and relaxed. Lots of lovely walks from the site and the best bit - a fab bar in a converted barn right on site, often with live music. We’re spending NY here for the second time this year this year. Can highly recommend!

Agree about Sykeside. We have stayed there a few times year round and the pub is fine.
It does get quite boggy though when there has been a lot of rain. Of course, it never rains in the Lakes though:)

North Yorkshire - High Yedmandale Farm Campsite. No hookup unless you go for one of the caravan pitches, shortage of loos (probably not a problem in winter), no facilities apart from loos, showers and washing up. Quite a long way up a single track road but we went in August and it was never a problem. We loved it because of the lack of facilities!

But, as the name suggest, it's high and I guess snow would make it difficult to access.

http://www.fvmc.co.uk/campsite/public/campsite/index.html