Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wummeke says Hi!

Wummeke-Ocean

Wummeke-Ocean

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello y'all! Wummeke, or Jan-Willem in real life, here from the Netherlands!

I am waiting for the delivery of a 2017 T6 California Ocean, which I bought a week ago. Currently I own a 2003 T4 California Freestyle. I stumbled upon this forum because I was looking for some tips and tricks, especially regarding the electric work. I discovered with my current Cali that that's something I'm pasionate about. I equiped it with some Victron bits and was looking at installing a LiFePo4 battery. Unfortunately, the fresh watertank drain/tap/thingy cracked this winter, which I discovered only after it was completely drained into the parking heater. about 15 liters of water flooded the heater, which then turned itself on because of a short. That was the moment I decided I wanted an upgrade :)

The California Freestyle is in my Avatar now, will update it as soon as I have the Ocean!

• Love
Reactions: Sad
And here she is in all her glory :embarrased

I had her rooftent (is that how you call it in English?) replaced. The original one was red. A little too red for me. Especially on the inside. They replaced it with a brand new T6.1 style canvas. Not in the picture is the all black fiamma bike rack. You have to trust me that it's really on there ;-)

T6CaliOcean.jpg

May I ask where you had the ‘roof tent’ replaced and what that approximately cost?

We call it a pop-top but I like roof tent better! I often wonder if the red ones burn your eyes out in summer. Ours is the 6.1 previous version but one day could be interesting to replace with the latest “dark” one.