Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Working Abroad - France / Italy /Spain

Cameron1960

Cameron1960

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
My wife and I are hoping to 'partially retire' next year and eventually put our Cali' to its full intended use and travel around Europe. Unfortunately we wont have sufficient funds to completely sustain ourselves. Has anyone else been in this boat? And if yes, how have they generated income whilst abroad? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. we have a few ideas but would like to hear more!

Not sure what you had in mind and hate to state the obvious but in terms of 'casual' work to fit in around a nomadic lifestyle then that's a young person's game I would have thought. And there cannot be a worse time in Europe's history to be seeking casual jobs with the continent bursting with eager young migrants looking to do whatever they can.

Hiring your Cali out? To appeal to UK renters who are money rich / time poor and don't want to use their precious holiday time driving down, when they could fly in and borrow your Cali.

Thanks for that, but our Cali is far too precious to us to consider that option.

My wife and I are hoping to 'partially retire' next year and eventually put our Cali' to its full intended use and travel around Europe. Unfortunately we wont have sufficient funds to completely sustain ourselves. Has anyone else been in this boat? And if yes, how have they generated income whilst abroad? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. we have a few ideas but would like to hear more!
If you have a property in the UK you can rent it out instead of leaving in empty. We are doing that and expect a gross pre-tax income of ~£28,800 and net income of ~£19,000 taking into account agent's fees, insurance, mortgage interest payments (but not mortgage repayments) and income tax.

Back