Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wiring diagram for 1995 California highway .

N

Nobby.c

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Have had a engine upgrade and van has come back with no electrics ? Has anyone a wiring diagram for said van year ? Thought it might have been the control panel so ordered a new one to find it's not that So now need wiring diagrams so I can sort an auto spark to fathom out where it's gone wrong . Hope someone can help me out . Cheers nobby

Have had a engine upgrade and van has come back with no electrics ? Has anyone a wiring diagram for said van year ? Thought it might have been the control panel so ordered a new one to find it's not that So now need wiring diagrams so I can sort an auto spark to fathom out where it's gone wrong . Hope someone can help me out . Cheers nobby
Any use?

Which electrics, VW or camper or both
Just the camper side of things as van has had a new loom with engine upgrade so need to know why it's lost everything for the camping side , fridge and power to control panel? Cheers

As the camper side is not connected to the VW and only receiving voltage through the split charge relay, it’s unlikely to be related to the engine swop etc unless the camper battery is stone dead and the split charge is not working.

OK a few things,

Are the camper lights working yes/no, no battery’s dead or disconnected, yes battery’s got some life, next battery has voltage check at battery min is 12v as heater and fridge cut off at 11v something...

No control display, engine running yes/no, yes battery dead, no no power to control unit, top fuse in camper fuse box behind drivers seat, if battery OK check fuse fitted and not blown, check voltage at fuse if OK check wiring to control unit.

You might want to check fuse first as a workshop that knows their stuff on campers would pull the fuse to stop the camper battery going flat.

Also have your tried hookup to shore power ie 220v

Just the camper side of things as van has had a new loom with engine upgrade so need to know why it's lost everything for the camping side , fridge and power to control panel? Cheers
When you say, engine upgrade and new wiring loom. I presume a 2nd hand engine with its wiring loom. Did the donor vehicle have a Split Charge system. If not, is yours wired up correctly.

When you say, engine upgrade and new wiring loom. I presume a 2nd hand engine with its wiring loom. Did the donor vehicle have a Split Charge system. If not, is yours wired up correctly.
Hi WelshGas, the split charge system is not connected to the engine, it’s direct to the battery, can’t imagine they would dismantle the battery connector which has up to 4 connections apart from the main cable to the starter motor

Hi WelshGas, the split charge system is not connected to the engine, it’s direct to the battery, can’t imagine they would dismantle the battery connector which has up to 4 connections apart from the main cable to the starter motor
Unlikely, but I can see it happening.
Also the Leisure Battery being flattened during the work. No Split Charge so no charging with engine running.
Easily checked though.

The interior lights work , have dard wired the fridge via a switch and that all works fine but just have no display on pannel i bought a new one from gunzl plugged that in and still no display?? Struggling to remember if there is any lights or display on it when ignition was off ? Or even key in ignition? Or should there be some sort of display permanently on the pannel? Had the van 12 years abd never took notice thanks for all the advice so far im getting it booked in with an auto elec but the more info i can fire at him before hand the better

The interior lights work , have dard wired the fridge via a switch and that all works fine but just have no display on pannel i bought a new one from gunzl plugged that in and still no display?? Struggling to remember if there is any lights or display on it when ignition was off ? Or even key in ignition? Or should there be some sort of display permanently on the pannel? Had the van 12 years abd never took notice thanks for all the advice so far im getting it booked in with an auto elec but the more info i can fire at him before hand the better

390d7f1a6e3309645e88786293ea3a96.jpeg

Not the best quality but might this be useful?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re a star @ArcticMatt. That’s a really useful diagram. My comment about quality was more about the file I’d managed to find on a previous thread not the draughtsmanship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never doubted you :) I know what it's like when you save these JPEG's over and over. They just get worse and worse. The text wasn't big in the first place. Hope you get it all sorted.

Back