Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

winter air

Is this serious?
Absolutely, change to Summer Air on 1st April, back to Winter in October.

If you specified all weather tyres on your van, you don't need to worry as it will have come with 4 season air.

Absolutely, change to Summer Air on 1st April, back to Winter in October.

If you specified all weather tyres on your van, you don't need to worry as it will have come with 4 season air.
OK So where can I get this? Does a garage need to do it or can I DIY? I am sure Kwik Fit offered me something similar, possibly helium ? It was about £2 per tyre extra

OK So where can I get this? Does a garage need to do it or can I DIY? I am sure Kwik Fit offered me something similar, possibly helium ? It was about £2 per tyre extra
This should give you all you need to know

I am planning a trip in October from Northern Europe to the South of Spain. So this means I will start needing winter air but at some point in my trip I may need to move to Summer air. I assume that I can stop in France and just choose from one of the many Aires available there. Is this correct?

Whilst driving on non motorway roads, in France, October, Municipal Air should be fine, but I wouldn’t chance it on the motorway, although you do need to watch out for Budgie smugglers when using Municipal Air.
Not sure about Spain though

Don’t use helium as that will turn road noise into a very high pitched whine.

PS

Garages can use nitrogen to inflate tyres, but please don’t take anything else on this thread too seriously.

Just come back from Kwik fit and they did not know about winter air however the deflated my tyres and put in nitrogen at a cost of just £4 for all 4 tyres which was quite good value, I am now all set for winter :)

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd leave this helpful tip here....
View attachment 101190
Does it have to be done with daylight savings change? Gosh, don' t want to stay awake when anyways I will be getting one hour less of sleep.

But if it has to be done, it has to be.

The winter air was temperature based so there is still time.

Back to summer Air Guys !
Thanks for the reminder - but I'm using the four seasons stuff for the cali, saves a lot of hassle & I don't recall it costing anymore than the normal.
Keep the summer air in the Morgan all year round as it doest get out much unless the sun is shining.

Be sure to use summer air adjusted for altitude, i.e. cooler in mountain regions and warmer in lower regions, except in UK, where the VW private importer recommends only changing air every 4 years.

I wonder how much CO2 could be taken out of the atmosphere if vehicle tyres were filled with CO2?

I wonder how much CO2 could be taken out of the atmosphere if vehicle tyres were filled with CO2?
You are being silly now, CO2 is heavier than air - about 1.5X the weight, I don't have that much spare payload.

I saw a recommendation that you should drill a small hole in your tyre to allow the hot air to escape in these hot temperatures and stop the tyre pressure climbing too high in the heat.

I saw a recommendation that you should drill a small hole in your tyre to allow the hot air to escape in these hot temperatures and stop the tyre pressure climbing too high in the heat.
I had pressure relief valves fitted by Kwik Fit to cope with sudden changes of season. Works a treat :thumb

I saw that too, it was a special Fox News report retweeted by fair and balanced news sources.