Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wingamm VW Campervan

No roof corrosion on that one! :D

It's impressive but you wouldn't be able to take sacks of rubble down to the tip in it, so that would rule it out for me! :D

It looks terribly chopped off at the back, as though it was once a winnebago but someone took a chain saw to it.

Lovely looking inside,

I always get terribly excited when I see "just a bit bigger than a California" with twice as much in it, then think practicalities.

I also like that type of vans , there are a few who do VW that way.
Been in that Colorado one and it looks good.
Maybe when older / retired and in need of more luxury might swap to those , a smal bathroom can come handy .
Does make longer trips , say few months , overwintering in Spain doable .

For me the issue is that as soon as you go ANY bigger than a Cali (and I count mine as bigger) then it becomes something for high days and holidays. So if it's going to sit around on the drive waiting for these days, why not get something a touch bigger than a wingamm, (say something Fiat based) and be even more comfortable.
You wouldn't want to squeeze that Wingamm into a tight supermarket space, or a seaside town car park, so get something with a garage to take fold up bikes etc.

Picking up this older topic , bumped in to these vid's

Last edited:
For me, any vehicle you own, you need to turn and look at it every tIme you park it, just to admire it.

Something like this is just to hard on the eye to own.

@sidepod
When older(within' 20y or so:Nailbiting) i like to get myself one of those , by then it's the comfort on the inside that counts , the neighbours at the campsite will have to face the awkward outside looks while we are cosy inside . And i'll get myself a nice looking other car to show of on my driveway!

For me the issue is that as soon as you go ANY bigger than a Cali (and I count mine as bigger) then it becomes something for high days and holidays. So if it's going to sit around on the drive waiting for these days, why not get something a touch bigger than a wingamm, (say something Fiat based) and be even more comfortable.
You wouldn't want to squeeze that Wingamm into a tight supermarket space, or a seaside town car park, so get something with a garage to take fold up bikes etc.

yep something like this Fiat based Westfalia Amundsen 540D 4x4 beast will do the job nicely!
Still smallish (5.4m long) with a mega practical & super solid Westfalia build. Also like the way they've discreetly got round the poor standard headlight issues, take note VW lol! I'll take one of these over the Cali XXL any day.

Westfalia_Amundsen_540_D_4x4_01.jpeg Unknown-1.jpeg

Back