Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors? Yes or No

I finally managed to get hold of Mr Dub and get some Dubflecta Sleeks, which we have just fitted today!

The best (only?) way to get hold of him I found is via text message to his telephone number, to which he did respond (unlike phone calls, emails etc).

If anyone is thinking of ordering and is entitled as a VIP member to free postage, the way to do it - I mention this because it's impossible to get hold of Mr D to ask the question - is to pay by paypal, without postage, and put a note in the paypal order saying that you're a VIP member (if you are) and so entitled to free postage.

Then just wait for them to arrive, as you won't hear anything else.

I'd avoid dubflecta. Check out the thread on their customer service Terrible to deal with.

I'd avoid dubflecta. Terrible to deal with. Check out the thread on their customer service

I've had no problems with my Climair set.
The small screw referred to goes at the bottom into the mirror/window plastic and isn't an issue.
No clips as held in by the channel and designed tension. Needs bending slightly to inset into channel.

The Climair are the best in my opinion as they don’t need any clips. Just one very small screw.
63CC620B-3F2F-44C0-AB7A-AF10144CCFFE.jpeg938DAA57-A47B-4655-B957-5AAFBCBFAF44.jpeg

The Climair are the best in my opinion as they don’t need any clips. Just one very small screw.
View attachment 72356View attachment 72357
I'd definitely argue that a product where you have to damage the bodywork (albeit plastic fascia) to fit something where no other product needs it is not the best option.

Heko through and through. Been on 9 months, perfect fit, no issues and do the job. I can also remove if ever I want without a gaping hole in my van.. :D

I'd definitely argue that a product where you have to damage the bodywork (albeit plastic fascia) to fit something where no other product needs it is not the best option.

Heko through and through. Been on 9 months, perfect fit, no issues and do the job. I can also remove if ever I want without a gaping hole in my van.. :D
Absolutely fair enough, everyone has an opinion :cheers

Why would you want to remove them ?
I will be leaving these on when I sell the Buzz.
The horror stories of trying to remove them afterwards usually, not always, ends up with shattered wind deflectors.
Talking about gaping holes, there was something I wanted to say, but I cannot remember. It’s on the tip of ones tongue.
I had these from Amazon warehouse, £34 an absolute bargain, as new, just not in the packaging !!

I'd avoid dubflecta. Check out the thread on their customer service Terrible to deal with.

I'd avoid dubflecta. Terrible to deal with. Check out the thread on their customer service
We have had Dubflecta on our Beach for 21 months, no problems at all with them, or with fitting, we would buy them again.

You should be so lucky.
10 months ownership of Hekos and no chance to test them at any speed above 30 m.p.h.!
I have Hekos fitted and they are fine. Certainly wouldn’t want to screw into the plastic as per the Climair ones.

Do the heko ones that fit the t6 fit the t6.1?
I'm trying to order some but they don't specify which model they are for.

If in doubt I’d ping the supplier the question. We have Heko deflectors on our T6.1

I have the VW ones fitted by servie dept. and would not be without them...there is a noticible noise increase when travelling at speed with the window down slighty but for me the benefits outweigh that and are certainly acceptable.

Hi Trudi, I ordered ours from an eBay supplier. The ad stated T5, T6, T6.1 2003 onwards. They were straight forward to fit. Passenger one went on first and worked perfectly without bouncing the window. Driver's one was a little more challenging as the window wouldn't go up as far and would bounce on auto close. I did some searching on here and followed the advice of getting it closed with some gentle assistance and leaving it for 24hrs before opening. Sceptical that it would help and ready to bin them the following day, they are now working perfectly! All good in the end. Our first couple of nights away this week and they are great for night time ventilation without the risk of rain ingress.

I wouldn't be without them, but not for the wind deflection properties! They keep the rain out really well, having a slab side the rain will come through an inch of open window but not once the deflectors are on, also being able to leave the windows open at night without compromising security on site makes them one of the lowest cost/highest gains mod you can make to your van. No brainer!

Hi Trudi, I ordered ours from an eBay supplier. The ad stated T5, T6, T6.1 2003 onwards. They were straight forward to fit. Passenger one went on first and worked perfectly without bouncing the window. Driver's one was a little more challenging as the window wouldn't go up as far and would bounce on auto close. I did some searching on here and followed the advice of getting it closed with some gentle assistance and leaving it for 24hrs before opening. Sceptical that it would help and ready to bin them the following day, they are now working perfectly! All good in the end. Our first couple of nights away this week and they are great for night time ventilation without the risk of rain ingress.
Thank you. I'll get ordering.

Climair ones don't use any metal clips in the channel.
Go all the way to bottom of window.
Small screw secures, not an issue as small and into plastic area not metal.

Do people rate the VW supplied/fitted wind deflectors (£120)?
1631635404054.png

Back