Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors? Yes or No

M

MicA

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Im considering getting some Climair wind deflectors for the front windows of our yet to be registered Cali Ocean.
Is this something you would recommend?
Do most of you brilliant people use such things?

Thanks
Michael

Im considering getting some Climair wind deflectors for the front windows of our yet to be registered Cali Ocean.
Is this something you would recommend?
Do most of you brilliant people use such things?

Thanks
Michael
Very happy with mine. Not only do they deflect air when driving with windows open, but they prevent rainwater running off the roof and in through open windows. I did think there might be some wind noise but can't hear anything when driving. Worth fitting in my opinion.

We have Dubflecta sleek. Very pleased. Allows just enough ventilation when pouring down with rain to cook (especially important when not on campsite and therefore side awning isn’t out). They also allow for safe and discreet ventilation at night, as you can’t tell that windows are 2cm open unless you walk right up to the van.

Does the majority have Dubflecta Sleek or does anyone have Dubflecta Retro?

Are there advantages of one over the other?

Has anyone tried both and have a preference?

I fitted a pair of Climair yesterday. I got messed about by the guy that supplies the dubflectas so went elsewhere on principal. Climair are fully certificated (TUV). I'm not sure about the Dubflecta although I ran them on a T4 without problems.
I'm pleased with my Climairs. They look great but can't report on their efficiency yet. They do need a 1mm hole drilling in the wind mirror plastic shroud, into which goes a small self tapper. This will probably put many off, but was straight forward enough.
The VW supplied one are held to the the metal door frame with self adhesive tape. Dubflectas and Climair fit into the window recess.

Changed to Dubflecta as I did not like the look of the VW ones especially seeing as they stick on with 3M tape.

Changed to Dubflecta as I did not like the look of the VW ones especially seeing as they stick on with 3M tape.
Vw also do the ones that fit into the recess. I have them. No holes need drilling either. V good and would recommend

100% yes on a camper

I fitted Heko ones 100% happy simple to fit look good

Does the majority have Dubflecta Sleek or does anyone have Dubflecta Retro?

Are there advantages of one over the other?

Has anyone tried both and have a preference?
I have Dubflecta Retro - very happy with them.

I have the Team Heko ones and they just work really well.

I've got the VW supplied stick on ones.
Good points , no problems with window closure and being further away from glass means more air flow through bigger gap.
Bad points, not as unobtrusive as some and I'm not sure whether a thermal screen cover would fit properly with the deflectors in place.
Unless you drive with your windows open, the deflectors are really only worth having to aid night time ventilation. I wouldn't have them for their cosmetic value!

How are the various deflectors fixed to the Cali?
Screws? Adhesive tape? "Push and Click"? Other?
I only ask because I have been thinking of getting some fitted to my Cali but I hate the idea of screws and the necessary drilling through metal.

I only ask because I have been thinking of getting some fitted to my Cali but I hate the idea of screws and the necessary drilling through metal.
Dubflecta push in but use metal clips (hidden) to secure.
VW's own are generally regarded as stick on (although one comment above disagrees)
Climair push in but need a tiny screw into the PLASTIC bit of the wind mirror surround (replaceable)
Heko ?? I think they push in with clips like Dubflecta but I've no direct experience.

If you are averse to drilling a 1mm hole and don't want stick on's, then Dubflecta (and possibly Heko) should be on your short list.

I had the bigger Dubflecta's on my T4. My logic is that if you are going to bother with them, they need to be big enough to do the job. I felt the 'sleek' ones were too small to allow much of an opening when camped.

When we arrive at our camp, my 9 year old commands "Windows to camping position", like a pilot.

Dubflectas - insert deflectors into window channel followed by four U-shaped plastic clips. Can all be removed, but the clips can be hard to get out (don't ask me how I know).

VW - I believed that these were stuck on to the outside of the door frame with 3M double sided tape. They can, no doubt, be removed. However @paulscryer says above that they also do ones that fit into the channel. My guess is that these are Heka ones.

Heka - like Dubflecta I believe.

I hadn't heard about the ones that have a screw until this thread.

As far as I know, the in-channel ones (all types) can be a bit of a fiddle if you have the laminated cab glass option, as the glass is thicker than standard. I have standard glass and the Dubflectas fit with no issues at all.

I have factory "stick on ones". Very happy with them. I have had the ones that clip in the glass channels before and found they fouled the windows. This was a while ago so don't know if this is still the case.

Whichever style you choose, they are good for leaving your windows open overnight or during the day when it's warm or if you have a pets in the van.

Heka - like Dubflecta I believe.

correct. We had VW stick on ones on T5 fitted from new no issues. On our T6 VW wanted the van half a day to fit as for the glue to dry as it was winter so went for Heko set self fit - simple metal push in clips 10 minutes to fit. I think they look better than the VW ones. Never had an issue with window sticking.

Last edited:
Back