Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors? Yes or No

A few things I was advised with the Dubflectas - make sure there's no debris in the window channel before fitting, choose a warm day to do the job, push the clips well in with a flathead screwdriver, first time of closing help the window up with your hand, and once closed leave them closed for 24 hours.
I did all those and have had no problems (2007 van so not the thicker windows).

Had VW stick on ones on our 1st van 5 years with no issues.
On our new van fitted Heko ones, no issue.

Both fit for purpose but I prefer the Heko look.

Love ours, like a gap to allow ventilation. We didn't have them to start with but one night we had to close the windows due to rain and the van was like a sauna. I wouldn't be without them.Ours were fitted by VW and are quite sleek ones. Slight wind noise but not much.

So if you go the Dubflecta route should you have the "Retro" or "Sleek" versions?

My Dubflectas finally arrived after several emails from me but still no response from the seller.

I installed them but after two weeks they have been removed, I found the wind noise on the motorway destracting. They are now in the shed.

I found the wind noise on the motorway destracting.
With window fully closed or with small gap as you have if using Dubflectas in the rain for example?

Although not as slick as others, the VW stick on deflectors being further from the glass do allow more air flow into the van. My main reason for fitting was ventilation when camping rather than when on the move.

I would actually prefer the factory stick on ones as it doesn't interfere with the door seals.
So if anyone has a set they have removed... ;)

Totally agree I've had the other type before my window got stuck once wouldn't use them again.

The noise must come from two sources. 1) from the extra air that's displaced by the size of the deflector and 2)from the fact the wound window doesn't seat like it used to once the required clips are in place (so technically the window is not as fully closed as before).
I only have them for ventilation when camping while keeping out the rain, so my priority is a chunky deflector that allows the most' window drop' without getting wet door cards.
The Dubflectas have many clips which may add more to (2). The sleek will generate less noise at (1) than the retro, but don't offer the same ventilation on site.
Obviously the stick on ones previously available from vw don't suffer from (2).

I'm currently running Climair ones which don't have clips (vs Dubflecta's 3?) but need a small holding screw drilling into the door mirror surround. They offer loads of coverage for ventilation so I can detect a bit of (1) and despite not having clips, something that sounds like (2), maybe the seal is still disturbed by their presence. They are tuv approved (Dubflectas aren't) and they are much more substantially moulded (rigid) than the Dubflectas I've owned previously.

I washed my old girl the other day and she leaked like sieve lol

Dubflecta Retro, for past 3+ years. No problems with electric windows and certainly don’t notice any extra noise related to speed, even on the Autobahn.
Excellent ventilation when camping .

My Team Heko's are a great product. 5 minutes to fit, no drilling and no interference with window operation. Plastic clips to secure in place and look good.

Totally agree...
Just fitted a pair of the Team Heko’s. Really good quality and fitted in just minutes.look really good.

Have been using them for ten years with no problems. Dubfleta sleek .

Yes I know what you mean that's why I had them first my friends said they were great just my bad luck I think which comes from being cursed by some travellers a long time ago for not having my driveway tarmac :)

Latest and greatest, non stick on version from VW, but I haven't been able to view the install instructions, so I wondered if anybody here had fitted these themselves? 7E0072193 HU3

Yes. Team Heko used them for years. Easy fit no wind noise. Stops the drips when your parked up, it’s raining and you have window open for ventilation.

Fitted with care, but easily... here are the instructions for anybody that might be interested....
acaee7f5833da4f4a34528f4388aaabd.jpg
53a46473d83572ad6ffa3ce19e0de052.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, @Shadrack , could you tell me where you bought your wind deflectors from please.
I've looked at a number of sites and confused at what are suitable for my T6 2018 Cali Beach.
Thanks

Back