Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors? Yes or No

Definitely recommended, I have Dublecta ones also. I was "warned-off" the VW ones by my dealer, so took a recommendation from this forum instead. No issues to-date.

Last edited:
Just fitted Team Heko ones to mine, cheaper than Dubflectors via eBay. Very easy to fit, slot into the window channel and secure with clips which are now plastic. Have experienced the metal clips scratching the glass previously. Anti trap triggers on the electric window on the first couple of runs but soon settles down. Very worthwhile addition on any vehicle and especially a camper.

Last edited:
So it seems many are using dubflectors.
Do they rattle at all?
Does anyone have a photo of the climair ones?
I hear they may be secured better by use of the screw.

Climair photos as requested, including the screw fitting :20180314_160859.jpg 20180314_160850.jpg 20180314_160838.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the dubflecta retro and the drivers side fitted perfectly but no way could I get the passenger side to work the window just would not go up. I sent them back thinking It was faulty but the second ones wouldn’t work with the passenger window either so I only have one on my drivers side but it is nice.

Im considering getting some Climair wind deflectors for the front windows of our yet to be registered Cali Ocean.
Is this something you would recommend?
Do most of you brilliant people use such things?

Thanks
Michael

Yes we have Climair . They’re great . Rainy day in van let’s bit of air in without getting wet . The main reason I got them though was that soon after I got the van I was driving down the motorway in torrential rain ( 2 speed wipers ) and the air flow at about 50/60 mph round the wing mirrors caused water to build up on the driver and passenger windows so much that I couldn’t see traffic behind / overtaking in them ! Very dangerous design fault . I figured the Climair would alter the airflow sufficiently to prevent this . Haven’t had heavy enough rain to test properly since though but am confident that it will help .

Yes we have Climair . They’re great . Rainy day in van let’s bit of air in without getting wet . The main reason I got them though was that soon after I got the van I was driving down the motorway in torrential rain ( 2 speed wipers ) and the air flow at about 50/60 mph round the wing mirrors caused water to build up on the driver and passenger windows so much that I couldn’t see traffic behind / overtaking in them ! Very dangerous design fault . I figured the Climair would alter the airflow sufficiently to prevent this . Haven’t had heavy enough rain to test properly since though but am confident that it will help .
RainX solves that problem, and on the windscreen you won't even need windscreen wipers over 30 mph.

Climair Sport, was a bit worried about drilling but it's into the plastic so not an issue.
Only negative that I found was that fitting Reimo Window Vents was virtually impossible due to both the Reimo and the Climair being in the channel.
If you plan to get Reimo Vents then either get the stick on type deflectors or only use the Reimo vents.
Other negative of Reimo vents are that you have to store them somewhere when not in use. Deflectors are permanently fitted so no storage issues.

My Team Heko's are a great product. 5 minutes to fit, no drilling and no interference with window operation. Plastic clips to secure in place and look good.

apart from the stick on ones, what are the recommendations for laminated glass ? cheers

We have Climair for no particular reason. I think any deflector will do the job.

Climair comes in two species: clear (transparant) and dark. I do not recommend the dark ones, as they deteriorate your view around the A-pillar, which already is rather broad.

Regards from Amsterdam,
Marc.

I've got the VW supplied stick on ones.
Good points , no problems with window closure and being further away from glass means more air flow through bigger gap.
Bad points, not as unobtrusive as some and I'm not sure whether a thermal screen cover would fit properly with the deflectors in place.
Unless you drive with your windows open, the deflectors are really only worth having to aid night time ventilation. I wouldn't have them for their cosmetic value!

If you have the thicker insulating windows the VW stick on will not work. I had to remove them.

Anybody has the duflecta with the insulating windows?

I have the Dubflecta retro and I don't really think there's a lot of difference in appearance from the Sleek. No problems fitting or with the electric windows if you follow the fitting video (my van is 2007 so I don't expect I have the thickers windows).

Great for camping as many have said but for me the best part is that I can have the drivers window open a bit when it's raining without the controls on the windowsill getting wet. I do like my fresh air!

If you have the thicker insulating windows the VW stick on will not work. I had to remove them.

Anybody has the duflecta with the insulating windows?
Sorry I don't understand. The stick on deflectors are stuck with double sided tape to the door so don't have any contact with the glass or window channel.

Sorry I don't understand. The stick on deflectors are stuck with double sided tape to the door so don't have any contact with the glass or window channel.

Sorry. I meant the non stick on. Those that are fitted with clamps inside the window rail. The windows get stuck. I have the acoustic package and probably the windows are thicker.

I tried the VW stick on ones to start with but ditched them after they came unstuck for the second time (originally fitted by dealer, and 2nd time by me). I then fitted Climair and have been very pleased with them. I have laminated glass in the driver / front passenger windows which is slightly thicker than the standard toughened glass. I was advised that the only type of deflector that would fit was stick on - but have found the install of Climair's was an easy 15 minute job.

Heko ones on mine, look great, easy to fit inside the channels with the metal clips BUT..... I was thinking of taking them off recently as I am noticing a LOT of road noise - like the window is not closed correctly. Particularly passing traffic has me reaching to check the sliding door is closed properly. I'm coming to the confusion that its the deflectors not allowing the windows to fully close to an airtight seal. (regular window thickness, not the insulated option (that I am aware of)

Does anybody else have this issue? It's a shame as they are a real bonus for all the reasons above - crack the window open on rainy days leaving the dog in the van..

I do agree with the post above though regards some concern with the increase in blind spot with the tinted ones - its odd they are not more common in clear than tinted to help this issue.

I tried the VW stick on ones to start with but ditched them after they came unstuck for the second time (originally fitted by dealer, and 2nd time by me). I then fitted Climair and have been very pleased with them. I have laminated glass in the driver / front passenger windows which is slightly thicker than the standard toughened glass. I was advised that the only type of deflector that would fit was stick on - but have found the install of Climair's was an easy 15 minute job.
So far, no problems with my stick on ones. I fitted them myself and had to wait for a warm day as the instructions were that the adhesive tape needed to be at a minimum of 18 degrees. A long wait as I bought them in the winter.

After reading this thread I purchased a pair of retro Dubflectas on 13.04.18. I did not bother with the discount as there is no way of applying it through the PayPal link. Anyway after several messages, email and PayPal I have yet to hear anything from the seller. I find the lack of communication very odd.

I fitted a pair of Climair yesterday. I got messed about by the guy that supplies the dubflectas so went elsewhere on principal. Climair are fully certificated (TUV). I'm not sure about the Dubflecta although I ran them on a T4 without problems.
I'm pleased with my Climairs. They look great but can't report on their efficiency yet. They do need a 1mm hole drilling in the wind mirror plastic shroud, into which goes a small self tapper. This will probably put many off, but was straight forward enough.
The VW supplied one are held to the the metal door frame with self adhesive tape. Dubflectas and Climair fit into the window recess.

I went today to my VW dealer (in Belgium) to buy air deflectors. He told me that the original VW deflectors are fitted with clips and he does not advise me because one of his customers had problems. The windows did not close properly or opened themselves.
From your comments I understood that they were sticky deflectors?
Here, the VW part number is 7E0072193 HU3. Is it the same in England ?
And have some of you had this window problem that no longer closes?

One of the VW came slightly unstuck in one place so called the VW workshop and they advise me just to warm with a hairdryer have had no issues since, very please with them but I do prefer the look of the Heko ones.

I went today to my VW dealer (in Belgium) to buy air deflectors. He told me that the original VW deflectors are fitted with clips and he does not advise me because one of his customers had problems. The windows did not close properly or opened themselves.
From your comments I understood that they were sticky deflectors?
Here, the VW part number is 7E0072193 HU3. Is it the same in England ?
And have some of you had this window problem that no longer closes?

No these are not the same as the ones I have fitted, mine a stuck on and where supplied by VW but can not find the part number but will keep on looking.

After reading this thread I purchased a pair of retro Dubflectas on 13.04.18. I did not bother with the discount as there is no way of applying it through the PayPal link. Anyway after several messages, email and PayPal I have yet to hear anything from the seller. I find the lack of communication very odd.

Who was the seller? If they were an Ebay seller then go through the Ebay process to get your money refunded.

Back