Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why is my 2005 Cali different?

powysjune

powysjune

VIP Member
There only seems to be one leisure battery in my 2005 Cali (under the wardrobe), no sign of there ever having been another under the passenger seat. The R&R bed is also released (with some difficulty) using two hooks behind the seat back, not by pulling up in the centre of the seat base. Does anyone know if VW altered the spec after the first year of manufacture?
Thanks!

Mine is a 2006 RHD, have you looked under the drivers seat for the second battery as yours is LHD, r & r bed is the same as yours. but we have the 5 pot engine which i think is a lot smoother than the post 2009 4 pot 2 litre engines. Ours is also chain driven hence no cam belt to change.

John :goodone

Yup.. John is right.

From what I've seen, there was a fairly major change in 2007 (2008 model year)

Seat same as later '09 models with central release etc.

Only those with Climatronic got two leisure batteries... no idea why.

John... gotta love those 5-pot engines. :)

Although probably not relevant - but there were Trendline and Comfortline specs pre facelift (not in the UK).

I think the Trendline had a manual roof

James

Just found the second battery - under the drivers seat - thanks for all the help! All the batteries are original so 9 years old so I think we should be replacing them. Do you have to remove the seat to get the battery out?

powysjune said:
Just found the second battery - under the drivers seat - thanks for all the help! All the batteries are original so 9 years old so I think we should be replacing them. Do you have to remove the seat to get the battery out?

Yes, you have to lift and slide the seat slightly. Disconnect the negative lead first (as per the label). You may replace one at a time.
regards
Andrzej

Back