Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who owns this Cali near Sydney, Australia?

arcadelt

arcadelt

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach Tourer 150
Hello All. I hope I am posting this is the appropriate place.

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know who is selling the pictured California in Harrington Park near Sydney. I have been trying to get in touch with them through the one contact method in the sales listing, but getting no reply. I understand that people are busy and things can be going on in their lives, but I would just like to eliminate the possibility that they have entered their e-mail address incorrectly into the sales facility database, so might not be getting messages at all.

9aacb346f9e7a926e24ff51250c5bbd8.png

Sorry, don't know who is selling it, but it looks great! Beach with auto roof, no fog lights though..

Not a lot of fog in many places in Australia.
It depends how you define fog. Can be extremely “Misty” in certain parts of the Snowy mountains going up to Kosciuszko.
Fog lights very handy.

It depends how you define fog. Can be extremely “Misty” in certain parts of the Snowy mountains going up to Kosciuszko.
Fog lights very handy.

True Pete; however, I live in that area and I can tell you with some certainty that few people use their fog lights properly or at all. Anyway, that car doesn’t have them and there is nothing I can do about that.

True Pete; however, I live in that area and I can tell you with some certainty that few people use their fog lights properly or at all. Anyway, that car doesn’t have them and there is nothing I can do about that.
I haven’t seen actual “Fog” in the Uk for many years. One of the worst places for thick fog is France. We used to go to France and Spain on my Bike for 15 years and when you hit fog in France you cannot see anything within a few metres and can go on for miles and miles.. On a bike that’s unbelievably dangerous and no fog light will penetrate it at all. The only thing you can do is pull over and wait till it clears.

I haven’t seen actual “Fog” in the Uk for many years. One of the worst places for thick fog is France. We used to go to France and Spain on my Bike for 15 years and when you hit fog in France you cannot see anything within a few metres and can go on for miles and miles.. On a bike that’s unbelievably dangerous and no fog light will penetrate it at all. The only thing you can do is pull over and wait till it clears.
Went over to Catalunya on my bike to visit a mate at new year. Lleida is infamous for its thick fog banks, v scary indeed going down the hard shoulder at 10kmh trying to get off at the next jct and find another route.

You can rely on fog appearing on the M1 Between Junctions 10 & 8 most mornings in the Autumn, only appears in the dips of which there are many.

Causes loads of accidents every year as the traffic normally queues on the uphill bits, people come steaming downhill, hit the fog & then run into the back of the stationary queues.

You can rely on fog appearing on the M1 Between Junctions 10 & 8 most mornings in the Autumn, only appears in the dips of which there are many.

Causes loads of accidents every year as the traffic normally queues on the uphill bits, people come steaming downhill, hit the fog & then run into the back of the stationary queues.
I wonder how much advance notice of the queue fog lights would give you.
On a slightly different subject, I saw @CaliforniaTime changing their bulbs for whiter colour temperature, to match the LED headlights. I have wondered if that colour will be less effective in seeing through the fog. Presumably VW chose a yellower bulb for the fogs as it is more effective?

I wonder how much advance notice of the queue fog lights would give you.
Front fog lights in fog = absolute waste of time, the cut off on the headlights is good enough to stop the bounce back of light.

For low speed manoeuvring, when acting as cornering lights I find they do light up where the front wheels are pointing rather than straight ahead so of some use.

I love how the initail request to this club's membership regarding the contact details of a seller of a VW California so quickly breaks down into a debate about meteorology!

I'm sure someone will reply to this comment and we will then all run down another rabbit hole. Ooops what have I started?

I love how the initail request to this club's membership regarding the contact details of a seller of a VW California so quickly breaks down into a debate about meteorology!
Me too. One never knows where a post will lead, one of the reasons that I enjoy membership.

Lets be honest, fog lights are a aesthetic statement, they may help drive better at night on roads without clear curbs or sidewalks, to spot potholes or animals on the road but on a lot of countries they are illegal to use unless there is fog, and if there is fog, you would be hard press to see the curbs, pot holes or animals anyway.

I love the way we are right off topic!

Anyway, in fog SLOW DOWN. Back in 1997 I was involved in a 160 vehicle pile up on the M42, 3 people died. Please take a few seconds to watch the video linked in the article below - if you are relying on front fog lights you are going too fast.

The owner posted it on the Australian Cali FB group about 6 months ago. It looks like the Carsales listing is gone now?

Back