Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which Tyres for Dakar Alloys 18"

Duckling68

Duckling68

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi

I am looking at buying some 18" Dakar alloys but would like to know what tyres they are supplied with from VW.

The one that I have seen have a choice between Accelera 235/50 R18 101Y XL (extra load 7 ply tyres) or increased trye size 255/45 18 103.

Please let me know your views.
:thanks

Mark

Re: Which Tyres for Dakar Alloys 18"

My dakars have conti sport contact 3's on them
255/45
103Y load rating

Big dollar ,but nice rubber :)

The most important consideration when buying Tyres for your Cali is the load rating. The figure that has been quoted 103Y should be fine.

The Y is the speed rating, is less important W would also be OK. It is the 103 which is the important figure if you consider that the gross weight of a Cali is well over 3 metric tons.

This translates to roughly 1500kg per axial and over 750kg per wheel. I would go for a rating of at least 800kg which is 100.

Be careful that you get the correct tyres supplied as a lot of Tyre fitting company's underestimate the weight of the Cali.

However,they should be able to find the actual weight rating listed for the Tyre you are buying.

Hope this helps.

John

choplee said:
255/45
103Y load rating

Vw fitted on my berghaus from dealership :)

choplee said:
choplee said:
255/45
103Y load rating

Vw fitted on my berghaus from dealership :)

Possibly the same here... Actually a 4x4 tyre rated for m+s (not Marks and Spencer ;) )

Minimal road noise though.

Was one of the few that managed to drive out of Big Bang this year... Brother has standard tyres and just kept digging himself in.

Mark

Thanks for all your replys,

I have decided order the complete set from VW so they will come with with the Conti Sport Contact 3 which come with 103 load rating, only around £150 more than sourcing them elsewhere and they will fit them ready for collection of our new Cali.

Duckling68 said:
Thanks for all your replys,

I have decided order the complete set from VW so they will come with with the Conti Sport Contact 3 which come with 103 load rating, only around £150 more than sourcing them elsewhere and they will fit them ready for collection of our new Cali.

Perfect rubber on the perfect wheel fella .. Join the Dakar club :) lol