Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which option would you add to a T6.1 Coast?

Liking the look of your window tint did you ask when you ordered or after to have that done at Liverpool garage?
It was offered when we ordered the van.
The van we looked at had the vw privacy glass and I could see straight through it. California Chris had his vehicle there which had the limo tint so we were able to compare the 2 very easily.

It was offered when we ordered the van.
The van we looked at had the vw privacy glass and I could see straight through it. California Chris had his vehicle there which had the limo tint so we were able to compare the 2 very easily.
Interesting thank you we had a new staff member will talk to them thank you

Euro spec Coast buyers have the option to get an 'Editions' model which offers many of the Ocean niceties. In addition to the Editions option (LED's F/R/interior, shower, comfort mattress, paint scheme, 17" Aracaju wheels, Fogs) I opted for the following:
panoramic bellows
diesel heater
wood effect floor
4 keys
removable towbar
reverse camera and F/R parking sensors
auto folding mirrors
standard cruise control
All season 135 tyres (huge difference for ride quality)
Sliding door soft close mechanism (the neighbours will appreciate)
Full size steel spare wheel.

VW dropped the Coast from the German Cali lineup since last week. I wonder what the rationale could be?

VW dropped the Coast from the German Cali lineup since last week. I wonder what the rationale could be?
They feel few Germans are unlikely to not buy a Cali if there’s no Coast option, and most will spend more on an Ocean?

Simplification of the production line maybe? With big order backlogs anything to make the factory run smoother would help, along with higher margins on an Ocean?

Replaced a 6.1 Beach with a 6.1 Coast so had a 2nd go at getting the spec right. Almost got there….
rear camera vital
front opening to canvas vital
LED headlights needed - will retrofit :(
wood floor fab
rear climatronic needed
heating cosy
get VW acoustic tinted glass and do aftermarket tint on top
dont buy adaptive cruise if you intend to drive abroad
dont buy interior light pack
dont buy any stereo satnav upgrade
fogs not really needed

It’ll have less chrome and more black plastic than you might think. Have done a few small upgrades, eg blacked out things, remapped the awful gearbox and fitted a spare. Before and after photos

768BC6BB-88ED-41E9-8587-8501BAB5454A.jpeg

62E765EC-0A70-4923-8DDE-76D020AD0F87.jpeg

D67BDEDC-6609-478F-8966-63097CA622DC.jpeg

Replaced a 6.1 Beach with a 6.1 Coast so had a 2nd go at getting the spec right. Almost got there….
rear camera vital
wood floor fab
rear climatronic needed
heating cosy
fogs not really needed

It’ll have less chrome and more black plastic than you might think. Have done a few small upgrades, eg blacked out things, remapped the awful gearbox and fitted a spare. Before and after photos

View attachment 86028

View attachment 86030

View attachment 86031
What’s the ACC issue abroad?

Indeed, we have driven many thousands of kilometres on the continent without any problems.
ACC is an outstanding option when travelling on the many lengths of speed limited road works that are currently so popular in Europe.

Just waiting for my California to be delivered. I’ve heard several say the auto park is a waste. It’s a big vehicle, why isn’t this feature helpful?
I can’t get it to recognise parking spaces so I end up driving past several that I know I can get it manually before it’s happy with one it likes. So I ended up just not using it. Works well when I did use it though.

rear camera vital
wood floor fab
rear climatronic needed
heating cosy
fogs not really needed

View attachment 86028

View attachment 86030

View attachment 86031
By acc you mean cruise control? I think it’s great, love it! Also it’s not an option in U.K. is it? Standard on everything

Indeed, we have driven many thousands of kilometres on the continent without any problems.
ACC is an outstanding option when travelling on the many lengths of speed limited road works that are currently so popular in Europe.
Good to hear. Does it link up with the Traffic sign recognition then, and keep you legal without further driver input?
What if you want to drive over the speed limit - can you set the ACC above the limit?

Good to hear. Does it link up with the Traffic sign recognition then, and keep you legal without further driver input?
What if you want to drive over the speed limit - can you set the ACC above the limit?
As far as I know it has no link to traffic sign recognition, you can have one option without the other.
The only minor problem abroad is that upon landing on foreign shores it takes a few miles for the van to realise that you are driving on the wrong side of the road & for the ACC to let you overtake without manual intervention, it still thinks you are trying to undertake which it won't let you do.

rear camera vital
wood floor fab
rear climatronic needed
heating cosy
fogs not really needed

View attachment 86028

View attachment 86030

View attachment 86031
Where did you get a 4M Coast from ? :rolleyes:
Oh ! Wait, I see the steering wheel on the wrong side ;)

Last edited:
As far as I know it has no link to traffic sign recognition, you can have one option without the other.
The only minor problem abroad is that upon landing on foreign shores it takes a few miles for the van to realise that you are driving on the wrong side of the road & for the ACC to let you overtake without manual intervention, it still thinks you are trying to undertake which it won't let you do.
@GrumpyGranddad i believe you have traffic sign recognition. Does it link to ACC?

@GrumpyGranddad i believe you have traffic sign recognition. Does it link to ACC?
I had traffic sign recognition and it just showed a picture of the limit on the digital dashboard that you passed by, if it captured the sign post.
Sometimes it did it from GPS, and other times from the onboard camera.
It didn’t correct the speed of the adaptive cruise control.

I had traffic sign recognition and it just showed a picture of the limit on the digital dashboard that you passed by, if it captured the sign post.
Sometimes it did it from GPS, and other times from the onboard camera.
It didn’t correct the speed of the adaptive cruise control.
Which is just as well. I was driving a Ford hire car last week and the recognition system kept reading the “speed limited to” signs on the back of some lorries and vans

My left hand drive 6.1 Beach’s ACC would emergency brake when driving in the UK as the system’s radar isn’t perpendicular, it thought lorries on motorways that were safely in their lanes were not - bang! on go the brakes, potentially lethal to drivers behind. Cruise therefore useless

My left hand drive 6.1 Beach’s ACC would emergency brake when driving in the UK as the system’s radar isn’t perpendicular, it thought lorries on motorways that were safely in their lanes were not - bang! on go the brakes, potentially lethal to drivers behind. Cruise therefore useless
That sounds more like a calibration issue. I’ve never had it slam on the brakes whether something is in our lane or a neighbouring one. In fact it has the opposite problem, seems to pick up vehicles too far in front and slows down gently to match their speed, meaning you have to pull out to overtake far too early.

That sounds more like a calibration issue. I’ve never had it slam on the brakes whether something is in our lane or a neighbouring one. In fact it has the opposite problem, seems to pick up vehicles too far in front and slows down gently to match their speed, meaning you have to pull out to overtake far too early.
Can’t you calibrate that yourself a bit, encourage it to follow more closely?

Yes but even the closest isn’t close enough. It’s probably right for high speed following another car on a nearly empty motorway. Use it in the outside lane on the M25 and the gap is big enough to get people undertaking you.

Mine did it 3 times on 3 different cars, but then it learnt you were abroad and stopped doing it. So was absolutely perfect in France & Belgium

rear camera vital
wood floor fab
rear climatronic needed
heating cosy
fogs not really needed

View attachment 86028

View attachment 86030

View attachment 86031
I don't understand your option policy but your California does look cool!

Back