Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which option would you add to a T6.1 Coast?

Thanks. I live in Newcastle + it’s certainly icy enough to use my current heated screen on my Volvo V60 quite a bit. We also haven’t excluded the idea of heading to the Alps in the winter. I guess a lot of the options aren’t essential but I do really like my current heated screen. I’ll take your feedback on board though as perhaps the VW Cali heated screen isn’t as good as the one on my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I presume the Parking Heater is standard. Fire that up 30 mins or so before leaving.ALL windows are clear and vehicle warm inside.

So thanks everyone for your advice. My hunch is I should add in front fogs, a tow bar and a rear camera to the options I’ve already ordered. I will have however to stick to my £25 Hozelock camping shower as it does seem quite expensive to have a shower fitted if you have to also upgrade the interior lights to order this. I can also fill this with warm water. I never had any bother reversing a previous T4 conversation that had neither a camera or sensors but given the enthusiasm for a rear camera I’ll take this advice. I’ll also consider a 5 year warranty.

I’m having a slight dilemma about the privacy glass + wonder if I should go for a limo tint instead. Has anyone else found the VW privacy glass too translucent?

Thanks again

Phil

So thanks everyone for your advice. My hunch is I should add in front fogs, a tow bar and a rear camera to the options I’ve already ordered. I will have however to stick to my £25 Hozelock camping shower as it does seem quite expensive to have a shower fitted if you have to also upgrade the interior lights to order this. I can also fill this with warm water. I never had any bother reversing a previous T4 conversation that had neither a camera or sensors but given the enthusiasm for a rear camera I’ll take this advice. I’ll also consider a 5 year warranty.

I’m having a slight dilemma about the privacy glass + wonder if I should go for a limo tint instead. Has anyone else found the VW privacy glass too translucent?

Thanks again

Phil

It might come in handy one day, but to date we’ve not used our onboard shower once. For warm showers off grid, I think something like the Hozelock is great but i’d probably go for one of the collapsable ones to save space. The attached is not a recommendation, just an example.

BF2AC499-45FF-4480-8800-DC8BEE269754.png

Thanks again

Phil

Watch a bus and beyond on YouTube
They had an ocean with limo tint then did a review on a coast with privacy glass.
It's each to their own on this one

We have standard privacy glass and it is fine - i personally would not like darker and you have the blinds for quick use too.

We don’t have the upper lights package and are very happy with the standard light set up - we have the bendy light and little recharable leds if we need them. I am always surprised how good the basic lights package is tbh.

woudl definitely go for the reverse camera, and ACC.
I prefer the standard bike rack - it is so easy to remove if not needed, make a great washing line or extra luggage space if not carrying bikes, and It isn’t the way when I get changed under the tailgate. (I guess you have folding ones though).

hope it helps - we absolutely love our coast :)

Thanks. I had planned not to order privacy glass and then have ‘limousine’ glass fitted. This potentially could be cheaper and provide even more privacy. In the end I went for the VW option as I thought it might be neater and more durable.

There is Ceramic tint film available which reduces the heat coming in and out at night. various shades available.
I did front doors as well in a legal tint level which makes driving in low sun much more comfortable, especially when wearing shorts.

We don’t have the upper lights package and are very happy with the standard light set up - we have the bendy light and little recharable leds if we need them. I am always surprised how good the basic lights package is tbh.
Hi, with the standard Coast lights do you get any lights in the wardrobe?

No, I am afraid not. You could deploy some rechargeable PIR lights with magnetic mounts as a cheap workaround.
Cheers, so the standard lights are pretty much the same as what you got with an SE? Pop top stalk light and about 6 lights dotted around the trim above the kitchen and door etc? The "camper comfort" pack is an expensive option and required when adding the shower bizarrely.

Cheers, so the standard lights are pretty much the same as what you got with an SE? Pop top stalk light and about 6 lights dotted around the trim above the kitchen and door etc? The "camper comfort" pack is an expensive option and required when adding the shower bizarrely.
You get the 2 "outer" above the sliding door. 2 "outer" and 1 central above the kitchen (But not the strip that runs under the worktop/table runner). You get the long standing "reading" light in the rear and the lower boot compartment light. And they then provide a bendy stalk on a 12v cigerette lighter adapter to be used in the pop top (Its a removable lamp, leaving the 12v socket for other uses. If I understand it correctly, the "concept" lighting adds the 2 lights at the foot of the tailgate, the under counter strip and the lights in the pop top. I chose to not pay the premium for those.

You get the 2 "outer" above the sliding door. 2 "outer" and 1 central above the kitchen (But not the strip that runs under the worktop/table runner). You get the long standing "reading" light in the rear and the lower boot compartment light. And they then provide a bendy stalk on a 12v cigerette lighter adapter to be used in the pop top (Its a removable lamp, leaving the 12v socket for other uses. If I understand it correctly, the "concept" lighting adds the 2 lights at the foot of the tailgate, the under counter strip and the lights in the pop top. I chose to not pay the premium for those.
Do you still get the dimming function on the lights you do get?
What about the lights in the cupboards and wardrobe, the ones In the front foot wells and at the base on the rear of the front seats? Are they part of the concept pack or standard.

Do you still get the dimming function on the lights you do get?
What about the lights in the cupboards and wardrobe, the ones In the front foot wells and at the base on the rear of the front seats? Are they part of the concept pack or standard.
Yeah, still dimable, either via the camping control unit, or by pressing and holding the buttons on the lights themselves. Yes to the footwells and the rear of the front seats. No lights in the wardrobes on our MY21 Coast

Yeah, still dimable, either via the camping control unit, or by pressing and holding the buttons on the lights themselves. Yes to the footwells and the rear of the front seats. No lights in the wardrobes on our MY21 Coast
I've bought cheap motion lights for all the cupboards. Including under the shelves in the cupboards under the sink and hob. They are rechargeable by USB and are mounted on a magnetic strip so easily removable. They can then double up as a torch.

Yes that sort of thing. These are the 1s I have. They can be set to off, motion sensor or on permanently. Had them 4 months and not had to recharge them yet.

Screenshot_20211019-204109_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Definitely full opening panoramic top pop. Also consider tow bar prep now as expensive later.
prolonged warranty a bargain.
Saved money on carpets and cut our own out from Dunelm.

We got our Coast this summer and I regret not getting the LED light. I have replaced the original lights with Osram Night Vision....it's a little bit better

We have our Coast on order kept very basic on upgrades, going for the front opening on the pop top and a bike rack. Asked to upgrade the seats as from this page I have noticed lots of comments about them staining but was told it was too late to change our order unless we wanted to go to the bottom of the list ( delivery next year). Well having done some looking around have arranged to have leather seats fitted by a company near us, making it individual and at a lower cost than the upgrade. Will get the windows tinted later as well if we feel the need to as the VW tint isn’t very dark and people can still see in, will use the blinds when parked up.

We bought our Ocean second hand and it came with many more features than our previous, also second hand, model. We highly rate the rear parking camera. Also not sure if it is a factory option but ours has a solar panel on the roof which is absolutely brilliant for recharging the leisure battery.

Ordered oursclast December picked him up in July.
Originally ordered
Heated seats
Heated windscreen
Extra draw storage
Rear camera
Panoramic pop top
Limo tint

Dropped the Heated windscreen and added sat nav and larger screen.

Hated the vw tint and Liverpool offered a limo tint service which I much prefer. The vw tint is extremely see through as you can see from the 1st photo.

We ended up with an extra opening window in the sliding door even though it wasn't ordered.

We added marvel mats ontop of the standard floor as I prefer a removable rug to hard flooring. So would have been a waste of money for us to have wooden flooring.

Can honestly say I am so pleased with all our extras and don't miss anything else.

View attachment 85722

View attachment 85723

View attachment 85724
Liking the look of your window tint did you ask when you ordered or after to have that done at Liverpool garage?

We bought our Ocean second hand and it came with many more features than our previous, also second hand, model. We highly rate the rear parking camera. Also not sure if it is a factory option but ours has a solar panel on the roof which is absolutely brilliant for recharging the leisure battery.
Solar always after market on a California- no option from VW atm

the heating that comes with car is so good that I would say you don’t need the heated seats and windshield.

rear view visibility is very bad, especially with bike rack. For me that makes rear view camera a safety essential.

I also got the auto parking which is a complete waste of time

the heating that comes with car is so good that I would say you don’t need the heated seats and windshield.

rear view visibility is very bad, especially with bike rack. For me that makes rear view camera a safety essential.

I also got the auto parking which is a complete waste of time
Just waiting for my California to be delivered. I’ve heard several say the auto park is a waste. It’s a big vehicle, why isn’t this feature helpful?

No I didn't go for the privacy glass. The limo tint offered by vw Liverpool was just slightly cheaper so didn't bother paying for something that I was going to cover up. However it came with it . Thing during the summer they were just fitting what things they'd got to get the vans out so quite a few extras were added.
Interesting we haven’t gone for the VW tint didn’t know that VW Liverpool can do it thanks. That is where our van is coming from.

Back