Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where is my fridge fuse?

Graham

Graham

VIP Member
Hi. 2007 SE. I think the fridge fuse is blown, but it isn’t where it is supposed to be. The manual says it is fuse 15 under the passenger seat but that fuse is absent. In fact most of the domestic fuses aren’t where the manual says they should be. The under seat panel only seems to contain the 12v socket fuses (6-8). The manual also says it is a 10A fuse - there aren’t any 10A fuses under the passenger seat. Does anyone know where I will find the damned thing please? Thanks

Hi. 2007 SE. I think the fridge fuse is blown, but it isn’t where it is supposed to be. The manual says it is fuse 15 under the passenger seat but that fuse is absent. In fact most of the domestic fuses aren’t where the manual says they should be. The under seat panel only seems to contain the 12v socket fuses (6-8). The manual also says it is a 10A fuse - there aren’t any 10A fuses under the passenger seat. Does anyone know where I will find the damned thing please? Thanks
Where the fuses are in each vehicle can vary, why? only VW know, but habitation equipment fuses are either under passenger seat RHD or in the Dashboard fuse box by the gear stick.
Have you checked the Control Panel hidden diagnostic menu?

Post 26

Thanks. Yes, no errors. I pulled, checked and reseated all the fuses under the seat and that did temporarily result in a fridge error (flashing symbol) but that reset itself with a reboot. The fridge solenoid now fires but fridge doesn’t stay on. I’m now thinking leisure batteries bu**ered. They’re original (14y) and have been abused. Lockdown hasn’t helped as its had little use other than day trips and limited time on home charge (mea culpa).

Thanks. Yes, no errors. I pulled, checked and reseated all the fuses under the seat and that did temporarily result in a fridge error (flashing symbol) but that reset itself with a reboot. The fridge solenoid now fires but fridge doesn’t stay on. I’m now thinking leisure batteries bu**ered. They’re original (14y) and have been abused. Lockdown hasn’t helped as its had little use other than day trips and limited time on home charge (mea culpa).
What voltage shows on the Control Panel?
Even if they have failed running the engine or plugging into EHU should allow the fridge to run continuously.

Interesting. I thought the 12v appliances still drew their current via batteries even if on EHU. The batts show 14.4v charging on EHU with no draw, 12.6v disconnected but bonk really quickly to 10.5v. I know the %age indicator is unreliable but they bonk from 90% to 50% or less in a few minutes at the moment.

Interesting. I thought the 12v appliances still drew their current via batteries even if on EHU. The batts show 14.4v charging on EHU with no draw, 12.6v disconnected but bonk really quickly to 10.5v. I know the %age indicator is unreliable but they bonk from 90% to 50% or less in a few minutes at the moment.
Those batteries need looking at. Fridge cuts out at 11.5v.
Yes, appliances do run from the Leisure Batteries but on EHU or with engine running they will be constantly charged at a far greater rate than the fridge or parking heater require so they will work quit happily.

Thanks - really useful to know the cutout voltage. It
points to batteries as you say. Cheers

Check the cube fuse on the rear battery terminal, if it's blown your only using one battery so it'll drain quickly but if they are 14 years old it may be time to replace them with a couple of Varta LA80 batteries from Tayna.

Thanks - really useful to know the cutout voltage. It
points to batteries as you say. Cheers

Hi- did this resolve your issue? My 2008 is exhibiting the same issues. My fridge fuses are absent exactly as you say yours are and I’m getting a bit fed up that I can’t find them..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk