Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where are all the Cali’s?

M

Mrb08

Vehicle
Looking to buy
After selling my T4 Reimo I am now looking for a T5 California.
My budget won’t stretch to the 40k needed for later vans so I am restricted to early versions.
Question is where to find one for sale?
Does anyone know of early versions for sale?
I would like an auto.

T4 reimo lovely
Had a few and regretted selling them
The 2.5 t4 was one of the best in my opinion
Should of kept hold of that beauty

You’re trying to buy at the worst time ever unfortunately.

Cali’s are high in demand.

I’m sure you know if s the places to check, here, Autotrader & eBay.

T4 reimo lovely
Had a few and regretted selling them
The 2.5 t4 was one of the best in my opinion
Should of kept hold of that beauty
Yeah, had the 2.5 102hp in mine.
Lovely van to drive, sold it last year just before lockdown so couldn’t replace it before the prices went crazy.
Looks like we might be camperless for a while, might have to get the tent out again ☹️

Yeah, had the 2.5 102hp in mine.
Lovely van to drive, sold it last year just before lockdown so couldn’t replace it before the prices went crazy.
Looks like we might be camperless for a while, might have to get the tent out again ☹️
In a normal year, Spring,/Summer sellers market, Autumn /Winter buyers market.
During Pandemic Sellers market.
However, if International travel opens up and stays open and things tend towards normal then it will definitely become a buyers market with a glut of 2nd hand vehicles and prices dropping accordingly.

In a normal year, Spring,/Summer sellers market, Autumn /Winter buyers market.
During Pandemic Sellers market.
However, if International travel opens up and stays open and things tend towards normal then it will definitely become a buyers market with a glut of 2nd hand vehicles and prices dropping accordingly.

Interesting times, the second hand market is crazy. Made worse by VW having a backlog of over a year for new deliveries and missing deliveries for this summer for orders made last winter.

At some point I agree, second hand prices will drop massively, supply & demand. Tricky to predict when that will be though!

Interesting times, the second hand market is crazy. Made worse by VW having a backlog of over a year for new deliveries and missing deliveries for this summer for orders made last winter.

At some point I agree, second hand prices will drop massively, supply & demand. Tricky to predict when that will be though!
It is indeed crazy right now.. we've been saving for a (used) beach for a few years now, and have watched prices rocket since the pandemic. Sometimes up 5-10k from just over a year ago. This year is looking worse than last already.

Even a 6/7 year old basic beach with 2 previous owners is getting advertised at ~ £35k. They would have bought at less than that (2nd hand) even from a dealer.. I think we might just have to wait it out until the covid profiteering runs it's course...

It is indeed crazy right now.. we've been saving for a (used) beach for a few years now, and have watched prices rocket since the pandemic. Sometimes up 5-10k from just over a year ago. This year is looking worse than last already.

Even a 6/7 year old basic beach with 2 previous owners is getting advertised at ~ £35k. They would have bought at less than that (2nd hand) even from a dealer.. I think we might just have to wait it out until the covid profiteering runs it's course...

If you don’t mind missing this summer then waiting is the way to go.

We just sold our Cali for only £750 less than we paid for it 7 years ago…

We just sold our Cali for only £750 less than we paid for it 7 years ago…
Nice, smart move! I've looked at the 2nd hand market and it's totally bonkers, no way I'm paying those prices
It's possible that we won't see the effect until all those financing deals that no doubt people have taken run out. I'm counting on it though

Back