Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What's the best SMALL drive away awning?

There are several long threads on this site on this subject. Just type "Quechua Air Seconds Base XL" in the search field at the top of the page.

Hi Everyone
Just to let you know that sheltaPod campervan awning has just delivered 320+ awnings to our crowdfunding backers and the remaining stock is now available for sale (next day UK delivery) at a special discount price of £280 + shipping. You can also get a further 5% OFF using code SHELTA-INTRO-OFFER Click the link below:

http://www.sheltapodcampervanawnings.co.uk/shop

sheltaPod IGG Backers montage.jpg

Thanks
Julie@sheltaPod

Hi all... thanks for your advice. Lot's of choice, but we have gone for an Outdoor Revolution Oxygen Movelite. Will let you know how we get on with it and share some pics...web_thumbnail_18_1.jpg

I'm trying to decide between the two Quechua's i.e. The Base and the XL. But not ever seen one and there's not a decathlon near us.

I like the fact the pop up base seems ultra easy and quick. No problems with storage. But the no integrated ground sheet is a bit of a negative in the British weather! Great for slinging in for the odd night or two away.

XL looks more like an 'awning' which is how we would use it. I.e. For sitting, storage and to kick the kids straight into in the mornings for extra space if it's raining. But longer to set up and bigger to store.

We don't have a wind out awning (if that makes a difference!

Any thoughts from those that have?!

We had the same quandary a few weeks back. We went for the XL as we think its more versatile, probably more so for you without an awning. Ideally we would have liked a smaller version as it's bigger than we really need. Apparently next year there will be a smaller one and the pop-up is being dropped.

The ground sheet is not actually integrated but I think that's a good thing. It can be removed and replaced if damaged. I also like that there's no lip to trip over unlike the Base.

It goes up real quick and packs down reasonably small but don't forget you need to pack a pump too. No regrets buying the XL

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm trying to decide between the two Quechua's i.e. The Base and the XL. But not ever seen one and there's not a decathlon near us.

I like the fact the pop up base seems ultra easy and quick. No problems with storage. But the no integrated ground sheet is a bit of a negative in the British weather! Great for slinging in for the odd night or two away.

XL looks more like an 'awning' which is how we would use it. I.e. For sitting, storage and to kick the kids straight into in the mornings for extra space if it's raining. But longer to set up and bigger to store.

We don't have a wind out awning (if that makes a difference!

Any thoughts from those that have?!
I posted a photo of the two side by side, but can't find it now. Can anyone help find it?

I posted a photo of the two side by side, but can't find it now. Can anyone help find it?

Here it is.

I was at the Stockport store today and noticed the 2 popular shelters were pitched alongside each other, and thought this photo may help anyone weighing up the two.
20170409_145905-jpg.20524

£139.99 on the left, pop up, no ground sheet but very slim package.
£199.99 on the right, blow up, with ground sheet.

We use breathable ground sheet in the green one.

Here it is.

I was at the Stockport store today and noticed the 2 popular shelters were pitched alongside each other, and thought this photo may help anyone weighing up the two.
20170409_145905-jpg.20524

£139.99 on the left, pop up, no ground sheet but very slim package.
£199.99 on the right, blow up, with ground sheet.

We use breathable ground sheet in the green one.

In terms of quality, we have a Base Seconds 4.1, it's an older tent that is similar to the one on the left, but has a room on the rear. If the construction is the same ours is still going 5 years later. It would have been used again this year if we'd not bought the California

No coating have been added to the outside and its still sheds the wind and water like a trouper. We were thinking of trying to convert it to an drive away but I don't think that will ever happen.

I would not hesitate buying Quechua again.

..message ends..

Thanks. They do seem great value and perfect if you don't want to fork out on a full drive away.

Back