Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What will be your first trip once your Cali arrives ?

Our first ever trip in our new Cali’ :will obviously be dependent on how the Covid-19 situation pans out, if and when restrictions are lifted and time of year.

We have a few UK trips on our wish list including:
1. Scotland - Highlands and Islands
2. Wales - family near The Gower; plus Elan Valley; Brecon Beacons; Snowdonia
3. England - friends in Dorset; plus Yorkshire Dales; Northumberland Coast

If we can go to the EU:

1. Friends in Sainte-Mere-Eglise, Normandy
2. Friends in Estepona, Spain
3. Pyrenees tour
4. Revisit the Hartz Mountains, Germany
5. RoI tour

Well we can dream can’t we :)

Not sure if Im mad or not but........
Thinking of booking few sites in Cornwall in June in the hope of light at the end of this long long tunnel - the sites offer full refund if Covid intervenes - am I mad - just itching to go back to Cornwall now after 15 years!!

Thinking of booking few sites in Cornwall in June in the hope of light at the end of this long long tunnel - the sites offer full refund if Covid intervenes - am I mad - just itching to go back to Cornwall now after 15 years!!
If the sites will definitely give you a full refund Jenny, then I see no problem in you booking them. Fingers crossed that restrictions will be lifted by then.

If the sites will definitely give you a full refund Jenny, then I see no problem in you booking them. Fingers crossed that restrictions will be lifted by then.
Thanks GG yes it says so on their booking forms etc. & as an over 50 was optimistically hoping Id be vaccinated too - have found a few fab sites & just itching to get my panaramic window opening up to the views!!!

Hopefully not back to the dealer to fix some issues I have discovered!

Depending on the situation my first trip will be to drive it back from Crawly to hopefully sunny Northumberland, after that the intention is to take it to the beach each day and use it as my home office.

I've booked several campsites, if I can't go I'm happy to just re-arrange dates and it's supporting struggling businesses, plus the deposits aren't huge sums of money. I've even dared to book a campsite in France in July/August. I just need something to look forward to!

Last edited:
I've booked several campsites, if I can't go I'm happy to just re-arrange dates and it's supporting struggling businesses, plus the deposits aren't huge sums of money. I've even dared to book a campsite in France in July/August. I just need something to look forward to!
Yes Im going to gamble in the hope that a visit to Cornwall in June will be allowed - as you say need to look forward!

Ha ha! Agree, :thumb that is the most fun part of it. In my planning ritual, I create maps of all the trips that I wish to do in Google maps and save it with - Switzerland 202-, Iceland 202-, Portugal 202- etc, and when the opportunity comes, one of the maps gets renamed. This year it was Portugal 202- renamed to Portugal 2020.

Our first planned long trip in the Cali was to Portugal this year. Glad we escaped in time but had to quarantine when we returned. Read a report on here - https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/portugal-2020.37198/

For you guys, from Cheshire, a few hours on the ferry and you will be in Dublin. Another fine place for a visit in Summer when you get your van. Ireland-WAW-202- is a map that I am currently in the process of creating :)

The lakes and the Dales should be on top of your list for a weekend away to get to know your van best.
I do exactly the same. Google MyMaps is a great tool. The planning is half the fun and whether you make the trip (now) or not, the map will always be there for future plans, to look back at it after the trip or to share with family and friend who want to make a similair trip.

I do exactly the same. Google MyMaps is a great tool. The planning is half the fun and whether you make the trip (now) or not, the map will always be there for future plans, to look back at it after the trip or to share with family and friend who want to make a similair trip.
Can you use the VW we connect system to plan like this?

Had a lovely few days planning our first trips next spring when 'Gisela' our new Coast arrives. Our very first trip will be a day trip to the seaside I think with our little girls in Feb/March, park up with fish and chips, I can't wait ! What are you all planning to do ?
Also planning Cambridgeshire at Easter, Cornwall in May, France in August. All other trips will be last minute weekenders
Did you ever book a site in Cornwall?
Ive just booked a couple of sites for a week in June - very excited !!

Did you ever book a site in Cornwall?
Ive just booked a couple of sites for a week in June - very excited !!
Yes I booked Treago Farm near Newquay in May, it's only a few minutes walk away from beaches and a short bus ride to Newquay. Just booking it has certainly brightened up my January :)

Newquay is glorious! Hope it goes to plan for you!

Yes I booked Treago Farm near Newquay in May, it's only a few minutes walk away from beaches and a short bus ride to Newquay. Just booking it has certainly brightened up my January :)
Just had a look at the site looks fab
Im off to Padstow & Looe in June hopefully all being well in the world but will take a trip down in the Cali Camper to Newquay for sure!!!

Im off to Padstow & Looe in June hopefully all being well in the world but will take a trip down in the Cali Camper to Newquay for sure!!!

No doubt you’ve seen it but this has been a good watch and great advert.

Mike

It gets great reviews, really hoping we can go. I was looking at Padstow and Looe too, maybe next year, my absolute favourite is St Ives but we've been 3 years in a row and husband says we have to go somewhere else now lol

There's quite a few Cornwall programmes on at the moment, it's cheering me up no end, the hope of better times
Me too ! Im on a roll now as going to book a few days in Dartmouth on the homeward bound journey!!

Me too ! Im on a roll now as going to book a few days in Dartmouth on the homeward bound journey!!
If anyone has youngish kids, I’d highly recommend a place called Woodlands, they do camp/caravanning, just up the hill from Dartmouth, your kids will never want to go anywhere else, ever!

With all these delays, missed deliveries etc probably to the corner shop to collect lottery card.

Back